Chapter 8

They both went to the one of the King's Landing's courtyards where the celebration is held. Elaena was busying herself on the table where food was served, tasting each of it, nodding her head, cringing when she tasted something awful, and sip her wine.

Daemon quickly wanders his eyes and was relieved to see Elaena enjoying herself with food. He smirked for Elaena was such a big whore in terms of food and most of all, alcohol. As soon as their eyes met, Elaena wiggled her eyebrows and lifted her cup, Daemon smirked and went back conversing with Viserys.

Elaena saw Rhaenyra, a rejected expression on her face and went to sit on a bench in the corner of the party. Elaena quickly took one last piece of food, popped it into her mouth and followed Rhaenyra, sitting beside her. Rhaenyra smiled and immediately snaked her arms to Elaena's.

Elaena offered her wine to which Rhaenyra accepted and took a sip, she chuckled as Rhaenyra coughed.

"Is it too strong for you, Princess?" Elaena teased, Rhaenyra lightly nudged Elaena to which the latter smirked and drank her wine.

Alicent follows, sitting on Rhaenyra's right.

"I surmise the tour did not go well." Alicent spoke.

Elaena continued drinking her wine, listening to them.

"I endured it for as long as I could." Rhaenyra answered and leaned her head to Elaena's shoulder.

"To have every young knight and lord in the Seven Kingdoms fawning over you... What misery." Alicent stated, "It is rare for girls in this realm to get a choice between two suitors, no less two score of them." She added.

Rhaenyra straightened and looked at Alicent, "Those men and boys don't fawn over me. They only want my name and my Valyrian blood for their offspring." She muttered.

"I think it's rather romantic." Alicent replied and scooted closer to Rhaenyra.

Rhaenyra scoffed, "How romantic it must be to get imprisoned in a castle and made to squeeze out heirs." She said.

Elaena raised her eyebrow and briefly glanced at Alicent. Rhaenyra removed her arm from Elaena and held Alicent's hand and softly muttered an apology.

"How angry is he?" Rhaenyra questioned.

"The King went through great effort to arrange your tour. He is... frustrated. But I am glad you are home." Alicent answered, "I find I have... few friends lately. I like to believe I'm still the Lady Alicent, but... all anyone sees when they look at me now is 'The Queen.'" She added.

"I've missed you too." Rhaenyra spoke.

"Where's Aegon and Helaena?" Elaena asked.

"Back in their chambers, will you visit them?" Alicent asked, looking at Elaena with a smile.

"Can I?" Elaena questioned, Alicent chuckled and nodded her head, "Okay." She mumbled and stood up.

Elaena excused herself and approached Daemon, "I like to go for a walk. I'll be back or you know where you can find me." She stated, Daemon nodded his head and Viserys was about to say something to Elaena but she already left.

Elaena exhaled a sigh as she was walking into the empty hallways of Red Keep. Rolling her eyes as she halted her steps and turned around.

"Are you going to show yourself or I will personally drag you out of your hiding." Elaena stated.

An armor clanked and a knight revealed himself from hiding behind a pillar, particularly a certain Dornish knight, Ser Criston Cole himself, took off his helmet and approached Elaena, standing in front of her.