Chapter 14

In Dragonstone, where dragons used this as their lair to lay down their eggs. Daemon enters the Dragonmont and retrieves a clutch of three eggs laid by Syrax herself. Excited by this, he carefully placed the eggs inside a leather bag and went outside where the Dragonkeepers awaited him. Upon meeting them, he ordered the three eggs placed into warming chambers.

"Syrax bought a fresh clutch. Three eggs. Three eggs! See that they are placed in the warming chamber."

"At once, my prince. The maester brought this. It just arrived from the Lady Baela on Driftmark."

Daemon took the small roll of paper, opened and read it. As soon as he's done reading the letter, he faces the sea, looking over at the horizon as he wonders how Elaena is now, what she's doing, what she's eating, if she have some food, if she's hurt or the worst, if she still alive or dead. It has already past six years since Elaena helped the war in the Stepstones once more and although she frequently sends them letters, it stopped after her fourth year in battle. Daemon heaved a sigh and proceeded to where Rhaenyra is, to give the letter.

As he entered the Great Hall of Dragonstone, Rhaenyra ordered them to leave, to which everyone obliged. Leaving Daemon and her alone inside the room. Rhaenyra, standing in front of Daemon, took the letter as he handed it to her and read it.

"He means to call into question Luke's legitimacy. And by extension, Jace, and by extension, my own claim to the throne." Rhaenyra stated, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Vaemond cares only about Driftmark and the Velaryon line. Not about our politics. Has he made common cause with Otto Hightower yet?" Daemon asked.

Rhaenyra hummed, "This is what I fear." She replied, "Rhaenys has flown to court. Surely, she cannot be planning to back him." She added.

Daemon shook his head, "No. Whatever disagreements we may have had, she's not cruel... or stupid enough to do that." He muttered.

"Disagreements?" Rhaenyra questioned, "She believes we had her son killed so that we might marry." She added.

"Yes... and yet, she's taken Baela to ward." Daemon mumbled.

"Yes. It is Laena's memory she honors. She has no love for us." Rhaenyra countered.

Daemon exhaled a breath and smirked, "Has the vipers' venom spread so far?" He asked.

"Those vipers rule in my father's name. And my father..." Rhaenyra trailed off and sighed, "What choice do I have?" She muttered and exhaled another sigh.

Daemon gently caressed Rhaenyra's swollen belly and looked her in the eyes, "To King's Landing, then." He stated.

"Any news about Elaena?" Rhaenyra asked.

"Still no letters from her. But I will send a letter to her right now and will say that we needed her at this very moment. I'm sure she will heed our call." Daemon answered.

Rhaenyra nodded her head as she zoned out, worried at Elaena's current situation.

Meanwhile, a woman clad in black and red armor single-handedly slaughters her enemies. Throwing sand into their eyes, blinding them momentarily, slicing their flesh and throats, neatly and deeply, as gushes of red splutter out of their dismembered body. Stabbing into their hearts, neck, and the fatal points in the body. As she straightened out, she wandered her eyes around and saw that everyone was fighting in their accord. A smile broke out on her lips as she remembered how Daemon and she fought Drahar back then.

It was already midday and dawn started to peek when Elaena went back, and finally after six years, they finally won the war but with the cost of Corlys' grave injury that forced Elaena to lead everyone and ended the war. Everyone was preparing for the celebration, Elaena was inside her tent, enjoying the hot water engulfing her body when someone went inside, interrupting her quiet and peaceful time.