Chapter 18

Sam Heughan as Arden 

Elaena smiled as she saw a small smile surface on Rhaenyra's face as Viserys drank his wine and the others followed. As soon as Aegon cleared his throat and stood up, Elaena's eyebrows furrowed as he continued to make his way between Jace and Baela.

"I, um..." Aegon paused and grabbed the pitcher of wine, "I regret the disappointment you are soon to suffer. But if you ever wish to know what it is to be well satisfied, all you have to do is ask."

Rolling her eyes at what she heard, Jace banged his hand on the table, evidently catching everyone's attention. Baela called her betrothed to calm the situation down while Aegon was making his way back to his chair. Elaena deliberately extended her leg, making Aegon trip and retreating her leg back, while Helaena hid her smile by placing the wineglass on her lips.

Elaena placed her hand above Jace, patting it very lightly. Jace sent her a smile—a grateful one—and subtly nodded his head. Everyone went silent when Aemond stood up while Elaena looked at him, raising her eyebrow. Tension was building in the air. Quickly deflating the pressure, Jace grabbed and raised his cup with a smile on his face.

"To Prince Aegon and Prince Aemond. We have not seen each other in years, but I have fond memories of our shared youth. And as men, I hope we may yet be friends and allies. To you and your family's good health, dear uncles."

Jace then took a sip of his wine and sat down as Elaena averted her eyes to Jace and smiled brightly, mumbling "good job kiddo" to him, earning a chuckle from the younger one.

"To you as well." Aegon replied as Aemond sat down as well.

"Beware the beast beneath the boards." Helaena whispered.

Elaena hummed as Viserys lightly pounded his cane.

"Well done, my boys." He praised.

Placing her hand under her chin as Helaena stood up, Elaena gave all her attention to whatever she said.