Chapter 10

Elaena was wearing a black and red dress – a color of the House of her adopted father, the dress was one that greatly fitted her body, showing her curves, and some skin, and an ample amount of breast that for some would be considered sultry but still bore an elegance.

Her silky hair styled into her usual set up. She wore her boots, Elaena was never a fan of wearing some heels, for she believed it'll only hinder her and will further restrict her movements, she wore one once but after that she cursed it and swore to never wear one again.

Daemon left first but Elaena arrived first at the Great Hall where the celebration was happening, thankfully, no one noticed her entry that greatly satisfied her as she didn't want some attention. As a maid served her a drink, she quickly placed a finger over her lips, ordering the servant to keep quiet who quickly understood Elaena, nodded her head and left to serve the other guests.

Elaena witnessed everything from the Lords congratulating Rhaenyra for her upcoming wedding, how Viserys and Rhaenyra dismissed Jason Lannister. Next to congratulate the royals is Ser Gerold from House Royce. Elaena lifted her cup, covering her smirk as Viserys offered condolences for Lady Rhea Royce, Rhaenyra doing the same. When the Velaryons made their entrance, drums started to roll as they strutted forward.

"Lord Corlys of House Velaryon. Lord of the Tides, Master of Driftmark. And his lady wife, Princess Rhaenys Targaryen. And their son and heir, Ser Laenor Velaryon, the future king consort."

Everyone applauded and stood up while Elaena remained seated drinking her wine, the Velaryons gave Viserys a bow, as her eyes caught sight of a certain knight who was staring intently at Rhaenyra, jealousy, anger, and envy in his eyes that made Elaena raise her eyebrows. It was soon replaced with a smirk as it didn't take too long for her to understand what was happening, as she also saw how the sworn sword of Laenor looked at him.

Their paramours – she thought and quietly laughed. One got rejected while the other was not – she added and bit her lips, preventing a chuckle to escape her lips. But as soon as Elaena saw Daemon, she could no longer hold her laughter and a chuckle escaped her lips seeing how Viserys was clearly discomfited by Daemon's presence, but offers him a chair at the royal table.

Viserys furrowed his eyebrows, confused to not see Elaena with him, the same thing Rhaenyra did, both father and daughter looking for Elaena waiting for her to appear.

"Where's Elaena?" Viserys questioned, Daemon sliced his eyes to his brother and shrugged his shoulders.

Laenor who knew that wherever Daemon would go, Elaena was always behind him like a shadow following and trailing behind, was also confused not seeing his friend. The smile on Elaena's lips never left her face and only widened when Daemon's eyes met hers. The father and daughter shared a smile, a mischievous one. Rhaenyra, noticing this, followed where her uncle was looking and saw Elaena, as if sensing someone was staring at her, she averted her eyes to Rhaenyra and lifted her cup. Rhaenyra bit her lips, relieved that Elaena attended and was seated at the far end of the table, a perfect spot if someone intended to sneak in and out of the celebration.

"Be welcome, as we join together in celebration. Tonight is only its beginning. We honor the crown's oldest and fiercest ally, House Velaryon. Reaching back to the days of Old Valyria and the Age of Dragons. With House Targaryen and..."

Viserys paused as the door opened and when Alicent finally made her entrance. A hush falls over the room. Alicent, wearing an emerald dress, the color of the House Hightower. Elaena smirked fully grasping what the girl wanted to convey – a war. As everyone stood up, giving the queen respect, Elaena still remained seated the very same thing Daemon did.

Alicent congratulated Rhaenyra but her eyes said otherwise and placed a kiss on Viserys' cheeks. Elaena was grinning, excitedly, loving the drama that was unfolding in front of her.