Chapter 11

"Show off." Elaena muttered and chuckled as she saw Daemon and Laena riding their own dragons, freely flying in the air.

Elaena, despite not being a trueborn dragonrider, did not once feel an ounce of envy and jealousy that she doesn't have her own for she knows who she truly is. Caraxes was enough for her, even though she was not hers to begin with, the dragon showed his affection to her just like his rider. Ten years passed, Laena became Daemon's second wife and gave birth to two beautiful daughters, Baela and Rhaena, and now pregnant with their third child.

Elaena remained unmarried to which greatly satisfied Daemon, for he doesn't want his daughter, his wildfire to wed any cunts and separate her from him. She was forever his daughter and will always be his baby.

Supper comes fast as everyone gathered around the table, Elaena sitting beside Rhaena and opposite to her is Baela who sat beside Laena and Daemon sitting at the end of the table.

"The lamb hearts are excellent." Said Prince Reggio.

"We are fortunate in our cook, Your Excellence. There's a plum-cake yet to be served, which will have us fighting over the crumbs." Laena stated.

"Then before we come to blows... a toast to Aegon the Conqueror, your exalted forebear, who joined our cause against Volantis in the Century of Blood. On the great dragon Balerion, he flew to our aid in Lys and burned a fleet of enemy ships, thus turning the tide." He said, lifting his cup up.

Daemon stood up, earning the attention of everyone, and lifted his cup, "Aegon the Conqueror." He toasted which was followed by everyone and emptied their cups.

"This brings me to some business. A proposal I wish to make in the spirit of honoring our storied alliance." Prince Reggio stood up.

Elaena rolled her eyes, "If your aim is to marry one of our daughters, Your Excellence, you might have said so and spared us the history lesson." Laena replied.

"What?" Baela questioned as everyone chuckled.

"I would not count myself so deserving, My Lady Laena nor of you, My Lady Elaena." Prince Reggio muttered as Elaena nodded her head while everyone laughed, "I wish to offer you a permanent residence here in Pentos. This manse I would gift to you, outright, along with its farms and lands, the vineyard and the wood. The tenants would pay their tributes annually to their new Targaryen lord. You would have your freedom of the city and the harbor, as befits your royal station." He added.

Elaena placed her cup down and leaned forward, placing a hand under her chin, listening attentively intrigued at the prince's offer.

"Continue." Daemon mumbled.

"Lys and its allies rise again. The Triarchy has made common cause with Qoren Martell of Dorne. At any moment, they may turn their sights north. Your family has dragons. Three now, mayhaps four in the future." He paused and averted his eyes to Elaena, "Or five." He continued, "Or six." Eyeing the swollen belly of Laena, "My aim is to protect Pentos from the lustful eye of the Triarchy. Aid Pentos in this, as Aegon once did... and my gratitude will fill your cup and overflow it." He stated.

"Your Excellence, we are travelers. We've already extended our visit here." Laena replied, Daemon took her hands as they stared at each other.

Elaena hummed, feeling the tension between the two.

"It's a most generous offer. And one we will certainly entertain." Daemon replied while still looking at Laena.

Elaena softly opened the door hearing Rhaena humming the tone she taught her. Her gaze saddened as soon as she saw the little girl in front of the fire holding an egg close to it.