Chapter 1

In a room, a woman was sitting in front of a mirror, it was already morning and the sun was already rising to its glory, its rays peeking through the window. She was brushing her hair when a knock caught her attention. Raising her eyebrow as the door to her room opened without her saying to whoever it was to come in. A smile instantly plastered in her face seeing who it was.

"My little wildfire." Daemon greeted, a smirk on his lips as their eyes met at their reflections in the mirror.

"Daemon." Elaena replied, wiggling her eyebrows earning a chuckle from him, "How's your night?" She asked.

"The usual." Daemon answered, gently took the brush from her and continued what she's doing.

Elaena hummed as she let Daemon styled her hair in a simple half up in a ponytail, half down look, leaving some loose tendrils at her temples just like his.

"Are you going to visit Aemma?" He asked to which Elaena nodded her head, "Come to the Great Hall afterwards." He added.

Elaena answered with a simple okay, Daemon smiled and placed a kiss on her head and left. Elaena then stood up and grabbed her cloak. As she exited her room, everyone looked at her, recognizing who she was. She ignored the stares and walked confidently, she started her journey towards Red Keep and thanks to Daemon's knowledge about the secret passageways that he taught her, Elaena used that to visit Aemma without anyone noticing her.

Arriving in front of Aemma's chambers, knights immediately blocked the door.

"State your business."

Elaena removed her hood and looked at the night dead in the eyes.

"Will you let me in or your blood will splatter on the ground?" Elaena asked, her voice was void of any emotions and was ice-cold as she raised her eyebrow.

"Lady Elaena." The other knight instantly recognized her and was the one who opened the door.

As she entered, the attendants looked at her as she removed her cloak.

"Ah, Elaena, good morrow to you." Aemma greeted with a smile on her face.

The scowl on Elaena's face was immediately replaced with a sweet smile. Aemma to Elaena was a friend and mother to her. And seeing her smile also brought a smile to her face. Averting her eyes towards the maester, she raised her eyebrow and the master instantly looked away.

"Aemma, you look so beautiful today." Elaena stated and sat down on the chair near her, "Did you sleep?" She asked to which Aemma laughed.

"Rhaenyra also asked me that earlier. I don't need mothering from both of you." She replied.

"They only care for the babe, Aemma. One must care for you too." Elaena muttered.

Aemma chuckled as she continued fanning herself, she heaved a sigh as she looked at Elaena.

"How is Daemon treating you?" Aemma asked.

"Like a shit." Elaena replied, earning a glare from her, Elaena then chuckled, "Like he treats me usually. He took great care of me, Aemma, no need to fret. I am well." She added.

Aemma gestured for her to come closer to which Elaena obliged, Aemma took her hand and looked her in the eyes.

"Always remember that I am here for you. You are part of our family." Aemma started, "And no matter what happens. I will always support and be proud of you." She added.

Elaena smiled and nodded her head, "Thank you, Aemma." She replied, lightly squeezing her hand, "What do you think the babe will be?" She asked.

"Rhaenyra thinks she'll have a sister and Viserys thinks he'll have a son." Aemma answered.