Chapter 2

As the sun retires and the moon rises, knights wearing gold cloaks thumping their breastplates. Daemon was walking, behind him was Elaena with the knights divided into two making a way for them. Both of them wore the same armor from top to bottom with gold cloaks hanging on their back.

"Commander of the floor!"

Everyone stopped and looked at Daemon while Elaena leaned her back to the wall, her hand rested on the hilt of her dagger. Elaena although knows how to wield a sword and has a talent in swordfight. She preferred a dagger specifically the dagger that Daemon gifted to her father which she now inherits and uses.

"When I took command of the Watch, you were stray mongrels... starving and undisciplined. Now... you're a pack of hounds. You're sated and honed for the hunt."

Knights started to howl while Elaena listened.

"My brother's city has fallen into squalor. Crime of every breed has been allowed to thrive. No longer. Beginning tonight, King's Landing will learn to fear the color gold."

Knights erupted into cheers and howls as the door opened and they started to march in every direction, Daemon looked at Elaena and nodded his head, Elaena then followed him, walking a step back behind him. While every knight was wearing a helmet and Daemon holding one, Elaena never ever, not once wanted to wear one for it'll only restrain and suffocate her. Standing in the center beside Daemon.

"Won't you join them?" Daemon asked.

"No. Not in the mood to stain my hands with blood." Elaena simply replied.

Daemon nodded his head, "Suit yourself." He said and joined the knights.

Elaena was left standing in the center, she looked around as yells, screams and flesh being sliced was heard. Her cold eyes held no remorse and emotions as she stared at them. As her eyes caught sight of a man she recognized, a sinister smirk appeared on her lips.

"I remember him." She muttered, earning Daemon's attention, "He raped and murdered a child. And attempted to touch me." She added.

Daemon unsheathed his sword and was about to behead him but Elaena was faster than him. Standing in front of the man as knights held him down.

"You shouldn't let me see your disgusting face again." She said and swiftly decapitated him.

Daemon smirked and caught the head she threw at him and placed it on the horse-cart together with the dismembered bodies. Elaena looked up at the sky for she thought that it would be a bloody night for her, which was not new to her, growing up with Daemon. As she was already used to seeing dead bodies and blood spilling everywhere.

Early in the morning as the council gathers, Daemon was sitting together with the small council and Elaena on the back, leaning her back on the pillar. Daemon looked over his shoulder and looked at Elaena who nodded her head to which he returned and smiled.

"It was an unprecedented roundup of criminals of every ilk. Your brother and his adopted daughter made a public show of it, meting out the summary judgments himself. I'm told they needed a two-horse cart to haul away the resulting dismemberments when it was done."

Elaena smirked hearing the distressed voice of Otto Hightower, Daemon and Elaena seems to share a common dislike to the man. The doors to the room opened and entered Viserys and behind him was Otto.

Viserys sighed, "Gods be good." He muttered.

"The Prince and his adopted daughter cannot be allowed to act with this kind of unchecked impunity."

"Brother." Daemon greeted as soon as their eyes met.

"Daemon." Viserys replied.

Viserys then wanders his eyes around, finding Elaena for he knows that Daemon wouldn't allow Elaena to be out of his sight and would even carry her around if necessary. Ever since Daemon introduced Elaena to Viserys, Elaena and Daemon quickly formed an inseparable bond. And Viserys can see how Daemon was protective of her.