Chapter 7

In a distance, Elaena saw Daemon walking through the battlefield and tore a piece of cloth. Standing atop a knoll and waves a white makeshift flag. Drahar, the hideous Crabfeeder emerges from his cave, he sends some men to disarm Daemon.

Daemon, who is on his knees, offers them his sword, Dark Sister. Elaena was already shaking in rage but she knew that wasn't the right time to be reckless and being patient will let them win this war.

Caraxes as per Elaena's order cautiously and quietly creep towards the battlefield, enough for them not to be seen by Drahar. As Elaena knew that Drahar would constantly look up and check for any signs of a dragon.

The plan was to let all the Crabfeeder's army step out of their caves, luring them out and letting them surround Daemon and that's the time Elaena will rain fire on all of them, burning them alive. Elaena hummed as she saw archers drawing their arrows. Biting her lips, her body raked in anxiousness as Daemon took out his dagger and stabbed Crabfeeder's goon right in his heart. Daemon gets his sword back and slaughters the remaining men.

"Not yet, Caraxes." Elaena mumbled.

Even Elaena was impatient already as they began to rain arrows to Daemon.

"Not yet." Elaena mumbled once more.

Her eyes are not leaving Daemon as he slays, runs, and avoids the arrows.

"Come on, kepa." Elaena whispered, a gasp escaped her lips as two arrows struck Daemon, one on his shoulder and one on his leg.

"Come out already, you cunts." Elaena cursed.

Taking cover by the shipwreck, Drahar ordered for all the Crabfeeder's men to come out and circle Daemon.

"Fucking finally." Elaena mumbled, she caressed Caraxes' head which earned a growl, "Sōvēs." She muttered and Caraxes obliged.

Caraxes ascended into the air as the Crabfeeder's men continued circling around Daemon. Elaena looked down, her eyes held no emotions.

"Drakarys." Elaena said and Caraxes opened his mouth, burning and engulfing them with flames and killing them in the process, Caraxes landed near Daemon as Elaena immediately went down and run towards him.

Elaena opened her arms and hugged Daemon, "What took you so damn long, wildfire? I almost died here." Daemon complained.

"But you didn't, did you? I was making sure that son of a bitch let his army out before burning them alive." Elaena answered.

Elaena offered her hand to which Daemon quickly accepted, pulling him up, Daemon groaned as Caraxes flew up while spitting fires to the enemy. The father and daughter then attacked the remaining men, mercilessly and with no remorse slaughtering everyone. Blood, guts, and flesh splattering all over the sand. Elaena ignored the blood drying on her armor, on her face and hair and continued slicing and killing their enemy. Elaena scuffed as soon as she saw Corly's soldiers, running towards them.

"So, they have a plan to help us, surprisingly." Elaena muttered and threw her dagger towards the men who were about to attack her.

Running and sliding between the legs of a man, she easily retrieved her dagger and stabbed it into the Crabfeeder's men right into his heart. As war broke out, Laenor, who was riding Seasmoke, burned the archers. Elaena glanced at Daemon as she saw Drahar go inside the cave. Daemon nodded his head and together they walked inside the cave.

Darkness welcomed and surrounded both of them with little to no light. Elaena breathes slowly as she feels her surroundings, cautious with every step she makes. Hearing a movement to her right, she ducked and slashed her dagger, earning a hiss from Drahar.