Chapter 4

Aemma and Baelon, on top of the hill lay wrapped on the funeral pyre with all the Targaryen family and friends gathered around as they watched on. Syrax was hovering above the pyre, a small mewling noise leaving her mouth. Elaena, donning a black dress, stood beside Daemon. He glanced at Elaena and nodded his head, Elaena stepped forward and stopped behind Rhaenyra.

"They're waiting for you." Elaena mumbled.

"I wonder if, during those few hours my brother lived, my father finally found the happiness."

"Your father needs you more than he ever has."

"I will never be a son."

"You have me, Nyra. I won't leave you."

Rhaenyra stepped forward to which earned Syrax's attention and looked at her rider while Elaena went back beside Daemon, he gently took her hand and squeezed it lightly. Elaena leaned her body to his to which Daemon didn't mind. Rhaenyra glanced at Viserys for a few seconds.

"Dracarys."

Elaena's breath hitched and her hold to Daemon tightened. As Syrax let out a growl before her mouth opened and fire enveloped the two bodies. Elaena turned her head towards Daemon which held her face, a tear shed from her eyes to which Daemon gently wiped with his thumb. Soon their bodies turned into nothing but ashes. And nearly all had left to return to the castle while Elaena refused to leave and Daemon remained by her side. Her eyes never left the ashes that were slowly being grabbed by the wind.

"She's in peace, wildfire." Daemon muttered.

"I know, father." Elaena replied, it was one of the rare moments that Elaena called her father and Daemon didn't mind at all. A smile slowly formed in her lips as the wind picked up and let her hair blow lightly as if someone patted her head.

"How about we blow some steam off..." Daemon suggested with a smirk.

Elaena huffed and raised her eyebrow, "Really, father... No." She refused.

"How long has it been since we drank with each other and almost burned down a village for fun, my dear wildfire." Daemon started, earning a chuckle from Elaena.

"Fine." Elaena caved and Daemon grinned at her.

"What are we waiting for?" Daemon asked as Elaena rolled her eyes and followed Daemon.

Elaena took one last glance to the burned pyre, "Goodbye, Aemma." She whispered, a chuckle escaped her lips as the wind trickled her ears.

"Mysaria." Elaena greeted as soon as she saw the pale skinned black-haired woman who was Daemon's favored lover.

"Elaena." She greeted back with her voice thick with accent, she hugged Elaena and stroked her hair, "I missed you, little one." She added.

"I missed you too, Mysaria." Elaena replied as her eyes caught sight of Daemon, she excused herself and approached him.

"What did they say about you?" Elaena asked and accepted the glass that Daemon offered her.

"That I'm not fit to rule, ambitious, impulsive, violent, and can be potentially a second Maegor, or worse." Daemon replied.

Elaena hummed, "Well, they are correct, but when did you ever listen to them?" She stated, earning a chuckle from Daemon, "Those leeches only want power to themselves and their greed will always drive them to put you down. They're just a bunch of intolerable shit cunts." She added.

Daemon laughed, "We're here to get drunk, father. Don't tell me you're the first one to yield. That would be so embarrassing." Elaena taunted.

Elaena smirked as Mysaria gave her a full glass of alcohol, she mumbled a thanks to her and sipped, turning back towards Daemon, "Remove that scowl from your face, kepa. You paid for the whole place for us to celebrate by getting drunk." Elaena stated.