Chapter 3

Rhaenyra was dragging Elaena with her. Clicking her tongue in disapproval as she readjusts her dress once more, the very dress Rhaenyra forced her to wear. Elaena was never fond of dresses rather she would wear trousers, tunics, and vests or armor.

Elaena could hear the loud cheering of the crowd from the distance, their applause as they got more and more excited for the tournament to start, the horses neighing and galloping.

"Be welcome! I know many of you have traveled long leagues to be at these games. But I promise, you will not be disappointed." Viserys started.

Rhaenyra then looked for a seat and dragged Elaena with her once more as she saw two vacant seats beside Alicent. Elaena followed Rhaenyra as they ducked their heads and settled on each of their respective seats.

"When I look at the fine knights in these lists, I see a group without equal in our histories. And this great day has been made more auspicious by the news... that I am happy to share: Queen Aemma has begun her labors! May the luck of the Seven shine upon all combatants!" Viserys added.

Everyone clapped their hands, cheering and whistling while Elaena remained sitting, rolling her eyes, Elaena didn't want to be here she rather wanted to stay by Aemma's side and help her but The Queen herself ordered for her to attend and witness the joust. She was about to complain when Aemma stared at her, she exhaled a sigh and obliged her. Now, sitting beside Rhaenyra, Elaena exhaled a breath and wanted to skip to the part where Daemon is playing, only then she'll have the real entertainment.

Elaena rolled her eyes as Boremund Baratheon asked for Rhaenys' favor and called her The Queen who never was. Men – she thought, shaking her head.

"Lord Stokeworth's daughter is promised to that young Tarly squire."

"Lord Massey's son?"

"They're to be married as soon as he wins his knighthood."

"Best get on with it. I heard that Lady Elinor is hiding a swollen belly beneath her dress."

Elaena chuckled, "Quite a gossip girl, I see." She muttered, earning the giggles of Alicent and Rhaenyra.

As Elaena looked over her shoulder, her eyes met with Rhaenys who was holding a glass of wine. Rhaenys smiled at her while Elaena smirked to which earned a chuckle from Rhaenys. Ser Harrold approached Rhaenyra, Elaena averted her eyes back to the tournament whilst her ears listened to them.

"What do you know about this Ser Criston Cole, Ser Harrold?" Rhaenyra asked.

"I'm told Ser Criston is common-born, son of Lord Dondarrion's steward. But other than that, and the fact that he's just unhorsed both of the Baratheon lads, I really couldn't say." Ser Harrold answered and went back to his post.

Elaena's bored face was immediately replaced with a smirk as the flag now holds the sigil of the Targaryen, drums started to play and Elaena slightly leaned forward, now this is what she's waiting for – she thought, as knights riding each their own horses lined up. As Daemon's eyes momentarily met Elaena's, she grins which Daemon also did. He then proceeded to pick his opponent. Elaena's grin widened as Daemon stopped and pointed his lance to the one who was representing the Hightower, Alicent's older brother. Nice choice – Elaena thought and chuckled.

"For his first challenge, Prince Daemon Targaryen chooses Ser Gwayne Hightower of Oldtown, eldest son of the Hand of the King."

Elaena saw how Daemon took a quick glance where they're particularly to Otto, gave him a look of smug satisfaction before his horse started to run. She hummed as Daemon almost fell from his horse, he then quickly took another lance and started to run again. Elaena immediately covered her mouth hiding her wide grin as Daemon trips Ser Gwayne's horse with his lance that caused Ser Gwayne's downfall. She remained in her chair as Rhaenyra and Alicent stood up and approached Daemon.