Chapter 9

It was the morning of the race and I'd woke up with less energy than yesterday even though i'd had a full nights sleep and we hadn't had to wake up early today. Lily had plans as she had spoke to Lando and even though the race didn't start until 6 tonight he had told her to go down to the circuit and keep him company while he prepared for the race so he wasn't bored. I was going to join her but I decided not to in the end as I decided i'd take this free time in the day to try and spend some time with my parents, who i'd not seen much of over the weekend.

I waited in the hotel lobby for my parents as for once I was ready before them. As I was waiting I couldn't help but help myself to the mints that were in a small bowl on the check in desk, they were them nice, circular, smooth ones. I saw a man in red emerge from the elevator and my eyes diverted to the tv, which was playing a cereal advert, which wasn't even in english. I attempted to look interested in the tv as I felt his presence behind me but he clearly didn't take the hint as J saw him making his way towards me through ten corner of my eye.

"Hello, ma cherí" he smiled, doing that thing where he brushed his hair back with his fingers again. I don't think the name mon cherí felt appropriate for him to call me anymore as I know knew he had a girlfriend, so I refused to answer him. Continuing to look at me with a smile on his face I saw it soon fade as he realised I was purposely ignoring him. I felt awful obviously but my reasoning behind it felt correct to me, so I stuck by my ignorant side until he spoke again. "Alena why are you ignoring me?" he asked.

"That's more like it, my name" I said with slight sarcasm. I sounded like such a bitch right now and I hated it but men should learn their places and when they have girlfriends mon cherí should not be a word coming out their mouth to another girl, it's just another thing I believed was impolite. "What's up Charles?" I asked as he stayed stood in front of me.

"Erm"I could tell he didn't know what to say as i'd been pretty different with him and hadn't just gone into the conversation with ease as usual "are you still coming tonight?".

"Yes, is that all" another blunt response exited my mouth, once again I sounded like a bitch. I twiddled my thumbs through this small conversation as I felt tense, like I was ready for the ground to swallow me up as he didn't take his eyes off my face the whole time.

"You ignored my message last night too" he shrugged, knowing that I more than likely did that on purpose too. To be honest, I hadn't realised he messaged so knowing how i'd spoke just now I felt a little bad. Truthfully, I hadn't been on my phone when I got back yesterday as I pretty much went straight to sleep.

"I didn't see it sorry" my tone had now softened. I couldn't keep up the ignorant, impolite act for long as it wasn't me. "I was asleep early" I explained as I unlocked my phone so that I couldn't go onto the app he had messaged me on. I read his message which read drive again pavelli? I'm glad I didn't see it because that meant I would've had to reject that as well and I'd already rejected the ferrari garage invite yesterday so I'd of looked quite rude.

My parents walked in and it was the perfect timing as the conversation between me and Charles had now gone silent and I needed someone to take me out of it. I walked towards them nodding my head at charles in a way of saying goodbye. I could see the questioning look on my papas face but my maman was oblivious to who I had been speaking to and I'd like to keep it that way to avoid any interrogation off her. My papa wouldn't say anything as if I needed to speak to him or tell him about anything he knew I would in my own time.

Before leaving the hotel I looked back at him and he was looking in my direction, his eyebrows still furrowed as he didn't understand what had just happened himself. In the time I had turned around I also saw his girlfriend leave the elevator, at least he had her for the day but why did he ask to go on a drive last night if he had her in the room with him. Typical men. Just because he appeared to be different from the other men it didn't mean he was. I wasn't saying that he asked me out on a drive as anything more than friends but if I was his girlfriend and he left me in the middle of the night to go on a drive with another girl I'd not be happy about it, it was common sense and I thought he had some of that.