Chapter 39

"Fancy a little drive Pavelli?" Charles asked as we entered pit lane at 8:30 the next morning, which was the day of practice 3 and qualifying.

"Are you stupid, where are we going to have this drive, you have a race-"

"Follow me" he said, completely ignoring what I had begun to say. He led me through into the garage, which didn't have many people in it at the moment, except a few of the engineers. Two things ended up being passed to me, one thing being an odd looking helmet and the other being a t-shirt, both with the Ferrari logos on them. "Put these on and meet me on the grid in five."

I did as he said and swapped my top for the Ferrari one before putting the cushioned helmet onto my head. When I walked outside, I saw a Ferrari on the track beside where Charles was standing. He raised his eyebrows at me and walked over to the passenger door, where he then opened it, insisting I got inside.

"What are we doing?" I asked as I myself made my way over to the car. I then noticed a camera crew come from where I had just been and I realised exactly what we were doing. If I had paid attention to the board in the garage that had the timetable of the day on it, it would've probably given me a warning as to what to expect. "Hot laps?"

"Correct" he laughed as I got into the car and shut the door behind me. When he got into the drivers seat he mentioned one other thing "you are going to be driving too and I can tell you now it wasn't my decision and I am scared for my life once it's your turn behind that wheel."

"Oh shut up, you drive at stupidly fast speeds. My driving isn't even bad."

He lifted his hands a little as he shrugged his shoulders, which made me give him a light punch on the arm. No sooner after that, he pressed his foot down on the accelerator and in about twenty seconds we were already travelling at quite a high speed. Of course he too the corners like a natural but unlike when we were on the normal long strips of road in Bahrain and Australia, his skill of driving was shown more on the bends we were taking. Everything about him to me right now was attractive like how he held the wheel tightly with both hands as he steered the car and how he glance over at me every minute or so out of the corner of his eyes.

"Put both your hands on the god damn wheel" I said, raising my voice a little as he took one off to mess with shirt a little. I knew he was a professional but I would much prefer it if he didn't leave the control of the car down to one hand only.

"Don't worry I won't crash," he said, lifting his opposite hand up off the wheel now as he laughed at the nervous expression on my face as I watched him. I was meant to be asking questions the whole time he was driving but it was very distracting when whenever I went to read one and do what we were meant to do, he would take another corner as if there were no walls as we got close to them quite a few times.

Hot laps was meant to be 3 laps and it was for Charles but as we arrived back to the grid, Charles told me it was time to swap positions. I already knew that I wanted to give this man the scare of his life as he had done with me the whole time he had been driving and luckily for him, in Bahrain I won the go karting race so he was also with a professional.

"Ok Alena, remember that in less than 2 hours I have a practice session, you can't kill me ye-"

I pressed my foot down on the accelerator and felt the car immediately push to the speed it had been at no longer than ten minutes ago. I saw Charles grip the door handle and hold onto the dashboard as I took the first corner, not slowing down the slightest. It clearly hadn't took that long for my plan of scaring him to work as he told me to slow down as we got to the tighter bends on the rack.

"Mamma mia" he said as I revved the car a little more once I took the 19th turn of the track.

"Oh, come on I'm not that bad that you are turning Italian" I joked "I believe I would give you a run for your money if I was a formula one driver"