Chapter 12

It had been a few days since flying back from Bahrain and I had already had work piled on top of me. I sometimes forgot how it was coming back from 'holidays' back into reality, where you had to ensure all your responsibilities were taken care of. As my parents and I had all been out of the country, the business was quite manic as they believed something had gone missing but when we looked into it, it had been sent off anyway. The people who believed it had gone missing didn't think to call us to ask, which annoyed my parents quite a lot as it meant a lot hadn't been dealt with due to this issue.

I was sat in my office, slowly working through papers that needed to be signed for a fashion show that was upcoming in May in Miami. Lily had already been on earlier on in the day with her daily drinks run but she returned with more as she was free and told me she was bored and needed company. She began me on what was actually going on with her and Lando as I never got to speak to her properly about it when we got back as I'd been so busy.

Lando and Lily hadn't got close until the second day, when she had gone earlier whilst I was still in the hotel. She told me about how they got some food together and he just wanted to know more and more about her, which she found quite cute. "Then when we went out that night he kept calling me pretty and it made me feel some type of way so I just went with it" she explained "we spent most of that night together as you know and we shared a little kiss, I don't know if you saw it?" she said, and I assumed she was asking if I did as her tone was quite questioning. I shook my head telling her I didn't see it before she continued. "I stayed in his room because he was so drunk after Daniels drinking game so I went to make sure he didn't die" she laughed.

"Well that was a lot of news" I said after she finished. I knew that she was going to go there before the first day had even finished as I saw the way they were both eyeing each other up when I was around them both. "Look at you, liking a bit of lando norris" I wound her up and pink rushes to her cheeks as she quickly told me to shut up.

"Also" she started "he invited me to go to Saudi this weekend, he said you could come and he'd sort the passes with Charles." Of course I wanted to go but right now I wasn't fond of that idea and with the amount of paperwork I had sitting in front of me, it was a clear representation of why I couldn't join her.

"Sorry I can't come, look at the amount of work I have" I said gesturing towards the sheets on the desk "and that's all because me and my parents weren't here this weekend." She didn't hide the fact that she wasn't happy at my response but unfortunately there was nothing I could do in this situation.

"I wish you didn't have to be so busy" she said pushing her bottom lip out, "at least we have Monaco in like...2 months." Whenever the monaco grand prix was on, work would close for the week as the track went straight past the building, meaning it was inaccessible. Also, my parents liked to enjoy it and allow others to enjoy it without having to worry about what was going on here.

Whilst I continued to sign papers and write back to some of the letters we received, Lily continued to sit and talk, which kept me from getting bored. She also didn't forgot to ask me if I'd spoke to Charles for the past two days but I hadn't, like I said I was constantly busy and in all fairness I had nothing to speak to him about so I was going to force a conversation. Plus, I had seen that they, they being the drivers, had arrived in Saudi Arabia two days ago and were exploring a little as well as doing press conferences, which was nothing new for them so they were busy themselves.

Once Lily had left, the day seemed to go by much slower and I had walked a few laps around the building by the time it got to ten minutes before I had to leave. I hadn't brought my car to work today as my parents were also here so they had picked me up from my house on the way but they were leaving later. I decided that instead of waiting I'd just walk back home as I was already
bored and waiting would just worsen that.