Chapter 57

We'd not been back at my house for very long when Charles decided to tell me something that I wasn't very prepared for. Out of nowhere, he decided to tell me he was taking me to his mother's house to meet his family properly. For me, this was nerve wracking because meeting someones parents is such a serious thing.

I thought he was going to give me time to freshen up a little but he told me we would be leaving in five minutes as his mother was expecting us and his brothers as well. We'd been at his house before this and had been lounging around on his sofa so my hair wasn't as neat as it had been this morning and I didn't know if his mum would like what I was wearing or how I looked. I was stressing.

"What are you thinking of ma cheri?" Charles asked me.

"Do I look okay? Is my dress okay? It's not got crinkles in it has it? Charles-"

"Hush Alena," he said as he put his finger to my lips, stopping me from finishing my sentence. "You look beautiful, your dress is beautiful, you smell good, you're fine. If we weren't going out then I would have you upstairs by now."

"Have we got no time to go upstairs?" I asked, teasing him as I already knew the answer.

"In a minute? I think not, amour. Let's go before you convince me."

"I didn't say anything"

"I know, but like I said you're beautiful, you don't need to speak to convince me." He laughed before turning around to head for the door to my house.

It wasn't far from my house to his mothers. Of course Monaco was small so it didn't take long to travel anywhere anytime. I didn't even have time to settle my nerves before we got there the journey was that quick. I tried to stall a little by not getting out of the car super fast but before I knew it we were walking through the front door.

I heard his mother, Pascale, shout from another room to Charles to come through and as we walked down the hallway, there were multiple photos of Charles and his brothers on the walls. Actually, there were many photos of Charles, most of them of him in his Ferrari. It was obvious that Pascale was extremely proud of her sons achievements and I loved seeing all the photos.

Once we got to the end of the hallway, we entered the kitchen, where his mum was sat at the counter, with his brothers. I'd seen Arthur a few times around the paddock but I'd not really spoken to him, however the other one, who was called Lorenzo, I'd never met before.

As soon as she saw the two of us, she came over, enveloping Charles in a hug straight away, giving him a kiss on each cheek afterwards. Then, she approached me and I didn't expect it but she did the exact same, pulling me into a hug before giving me a kiss on either side of my face.

"Oh it's so nice to properly meet you Alena, he never shuts up about you."

"Mama-"

"Never shuts up about you" She laughed, knowing full well she was embarrassing Charles before she ushered us over to the kitchen counter, pointing at two chairs. "Please join us"

Obviously we had the usual talks that you have when you meet someones family like 'what do you do for work' and in this case 'how is it watching Charles race'. It was actually quite easy to talk with them because they spoke quite similar to how my family do but I still felt nervous and Charles could tell as he held my leg.

"It's surprising that Charles has found a nice girl for once" Arthur said before continuing, "I don't think he's ever brought anyone to meet us, ever"

"Really?" I laughed, giving Charles a smile as he went a little red at what his brother had said.

"I don't think he's ever told us about a girl before, never mind bring her home" Lorenzo added.

"Oh you two, stop embarrassing your brother," Pascale laughed, "How about you guys go into the other room and I can get to know Alena more without your guys comments."