Chapter 47

Having plans tonight, that Lily had messaged me about only a couple of hours ago, meant that I did end up taking Charles, Daniel and Pierre back to Charles' house earlier than I originally planned to. In a way, I think it worked out nicely for them because after the busy weekend it meant they could have some time to relax and spend some time together away from the track. Daniel and Pierre were only going to be at his for a couple of days as they had their own responsibilities and unfortunately couldn't spend the whole week staying in Monaco.

Going back to the plans that Lily had invited me on two hours ago, apparently we were going drinking with Kelly and a girl named Isabella. I didn't know Isabella and neither did Lily but Kelly had just explained to her to be someone who she hadn't seen in a couple of years, therefore thought it would be nice to invite her. Seen as I knew about this two hours ago, it meant I was only just ready by the time the taxi had pulled up in front of my house. Lily was already in the back of the taxi but when I got in, I was informed that Kelly and Isabella had already arrived at the club so we would be meeting them there.

I liked that we were having a bit of girl time because the last couple of times we had been drinking it was with the boys and even thought they were some of the best people to party with, it was like having children that you had to keep an eye on. Since most of Lily's time was spent with Lando since they first became close, I felt like it would be nice for us to have a bit of 'best friend time', which we had been missing out on.

When getting out of the taxi, I forgot that paparazzi was a thing since Lily was quite well known now and felt almost blinded as a camera shot a picture of the two of us. There weren't many paparazzi because of course none of the drivers were here themselves but there was definitely enough to fill the pathway that we needed to walk down to get into the club. I was glad that I still put effort into how I looked with the limited time I had because at least I knew whatever photos they had of us wouldn't be trashy, especially since Lily looked quite glam herself. I was wearing a backless black jumpsuit, which had a flare to the bottom of it, with a plunge neckline. Whereas Lily wore a ruched, wine red dress with a slit down the side of it. Not to be full of myself but I can confidently say one thing me and Lily have never lacked is a good style.

Entering the club, we were offered the VIP section but one thing we weren't going to do on a girls night out was avoid the dance floor and I think Kelly and her friend had the same idea as they were at the bar waiting for us, not being in the VIP area themselves. The first rounds were already in as Kelly had bought them ready for us and she had good taste as she picked the french martinis. We were definitely starting off on an easy drink though that was for sure.

None of us wasted time in downing the drinks as sooner or later we were moving off cocktails and onto the spirits and mixers. We were easily about five drinks down but I think we had all adapted to the alcohol as none of us seemed to be on our way to drunk, not even tipsy. There was no rush in getting drunk as we had plenty of the night left but it did get to a point where we got a little impatient (we being Lily) and ordered shots round after round.

I figured Isabella wasn't really a talkative girl as she didn't make much conversation with me or Lily, only Kelly and it did add a little bit of a weird vibe to the night but it was better to ignore it so that our night wasn't ruined. Isabella had blonde hair but it was more of a dirty blonde than a bright blonde as it had brunette streaks through it. Her eyes were a light blue and she was quite petite. In all honesty, the way I would describe her was she looked like someone who would be seen modelling for victoria secret, like a gigi hadid or someone like that.

See, Isabella not really being talkative didn't last for long once the drink actually hit us all and by drink I think every round we had drank was hitting us at the same time. Lily and Kelly went on a toilet run, leaving me dancing awkwardly with the girl I didn't really know that well but I took this opportunity to try and make conversation with her myself now she had come out of her shell a little.