Chapter 64

I didn't know that a one night stand could lead to something more until I met Luis. After our night together, almost two months ago now, he'd sent flowers almost every day until I finally decided to let him take me on a date.

Due to my past relationship that hadn't ended quite how I'd of liked it to, I was really reluctant to let someone else take me out, especially so soon after what had gone off with Charles. I guess some people come into your life when you don't expect it and lucky for Luis he managed to sweep me off my feet with his charm.

A few people questioned my dating decision at first, including Lily, Lando, Daniel, Pierre and Lewis, but I think once they realised that he was actually bringing me happiness, they soon stopped judging. I say they stopped judging but for some reason Daniel and Pierre weren't very fond.

However all relationships have a downside to them and this relationship's downside was that any form of Formula 1 talk was completely off the table. Luis didn't watch Formula 1 and he knew nothing about it. In fact, he didn't even know who Lando was when he came to visit with Lily a couple of weeks ago.

Luis knowing nothing about Formula 1 meant he knew nothing about Charles. I wanted to keep it that way because I knew there were many things out there about mine and Charles' relationship and in all honesty I didn't want my past relationship to be brought into this one.

I watched a few of the races, when I was alone, so that I could keep track of how Lewis, Pierre, Daniel and Lewis were doing but sometimes it was hard when Charles' face would pop up. I always prepared myself for him appearing on my screen but I was never quite fully ready for the awful feeling in my stomach that I still got.

"Don't tell me you're thinking about him again, Lena," Emilio said as he plopped himself on the couch, next to me.

"I'm not Emilio."

"Good because one, he's an ass. Two, you have Luis now. Three, you have a photo shoot in ten minutes and I'm pretty sure you're running late."

"Oh shit!"

That was another thing that happened in these past two months. Due to not being at home to help with my maman and papa's business, Emilio had kindly helped me find a job here. I say job but it didn't feel like a job to me as I loved it so much.

Emilio had helped me land a job in modelling and at first I wasn't fond or comfortable with the idea of standing in front of a camera for people to take photos of me to put out to the world. The first time I did it, I wanted to curl into a ball on the floor and hide from all the cameras, it was like having stage fright. However, the more I did it, the more natural it felt and quite regularly Luis would come and watch my modelling shoots, making it ten times better.

Anyways, like Emilio had said, I was running late to a shoot that was scheduled to start in ten minutes, well... 9 minutes now. This was actually my biggest photo shoot so far as it was for the company Dior.

They'd contacted me a month after I started my career explaining how they wanted me to be the face for their new fragrance for 2022. The funny thing about it was I thought the email I had received was a scam so I completely ignored it. I soon realised it wasn't a scam when I got a phone call from the lady who was the director of the advertisement for this perfume. Obviously once she explained that they were serious about me being involved, I accepted without thinking twice.

So now, here I was rushing to get to the photo shoot in time. Luckily for me it was only down the road but it wouldn't be very professional for me if I turned up late, even if it was by a minute. I basically ran to the location so by the time I got there, I was quite out of breath but there was no time to rest as it was straight into getting my hair and makeup done.

"You look absolutely fabulous," Hayley, who was the director, told me as the hair stylist finished slicking my hair back.

"Thank you," I smiled.

"If you're ready, you can follow me through here and we can get started with everything."

The photo shoot went smoothly and finished much sooner than we all thought. It wasn't much different to the ones I'd done before but there were definitely more photos taken than usual. I guess when you're a brand like Dior you have to take one pretty much every second to make sure you get the perfect shots.

Once I got back into my own clothes, I said my goodbyes to everyone involved and made my way out of the building. Waiting for me outside was Luis. I'd sent him a message as I'd finished and he said he'd come and meet me to walk me back home. He really was a gentleman like that.

"Hi Hermosa," Luis said as he pulled me into a hug once I got to where he was stood.

"Hey baby," I smiled as I returned his hug.

"Yuck you guys sicken me," A familiar voice came from round the corner.

"I second that," Another said.

As I turned, from around the corner of the building, there was Daniel and Pierre. I hadn't seen them since I'd left Monaco as they'd been busy and so had I. I'm pretty sure they were in their last week of summer break as the Dutch GP was the next race but neither of them had told me they were coming.

"Oh my god guys, when did you get here?" I said as I ran over to give them both a hug.

"About an hour ago, surprise" Daniel said, waving his hands in the air.

***
Writers note
New boyf for Alena🤷🏽‍♀️

Where's my Daniel and Pierre lovers at? :)

Also I'm very intrigued on who's been here since December 2022 when the first few chapters of the story were published? 

~Mel x