Chapter 50

I stood looking up at the podium, which Charles was standing on once again, after winning the British grand prix. Lewis was second and Carlos was third but for half of the race Max had been in second and had been fighting with Charles for pole position, until he unfortunately had an engine failure and red bull had to retire his car from the race.

Charles sent a wink in my direction as he lifted the trophy whilst getting covered in champagne by Lewis and Carlos. It wasn't the right place to be thinking about things like this but there was something about Charles with wet hair that made me wish we weren't in public right now. I watched for a little longer but then I heard laughing and giggling beside me, which I decided to turn my attention to.

A couple of people down from me was Lily but next to her was Isabella. Lily caught eye contact with me and smiled as you do when you see your best friend but obviously miss 'si' sent me a glare once she noticed me. That gave me another thought I wish I wasn't having right now, whilst in public. How I wish I could wipe that glare straight off the girls face.

Thankfully, the podium celebration didn't take long so I didn't feel the burning of eyeballs in the side of my head for much longer. I did have to wait for Charles to be done with interviews afterwards and obviously that did take a while because obviously with him being the winner many people wanted to ask questions. However, whilst I was waiting, Lewis joined me along with Daniel as their interviews were done sooner, so I hadn't been waiting on my own for the past half an hour.

"Lewis told me about you know who," Daniel said, whispering the you know who part like she would be able to hear him. "I'm calling jealous bitch"

"Jealous stalker bitch has a ring to it," Lewis added, referring to him calling her a stalker earlier on in the day.

"Come on guys, lets not be bitchy ourselves," I joked, laughing about the petty names they had come up with. I don't think they noticed it was a joke as they both look at me in disbelief about what I said, so I had to then make it obvious it was a joke by literally saying "I'm joking".

"Phew, thought you'd gone crazy. There's no way I am tolerating her if she comes around me. Anyone who has a problem with Alena, has a problem with me too." Daniel said, crossing his arms as he said it.

"I agree," a voice came from behind me.

I turned around and saw Pierre, who was clearly done with his post race interviews too. He obviously had no idea what we were on about as he'd only heard the last thing that Daniel had said but at least I knew I had two supporters if that was the right word to use. Three, including Lewis seen as he'd been nodding his head along with Daniel too.

"Well hi to you too Pierre," I said, smiling at him as he placed himself in between me and Lewis to join our 'circle'.

"Pierreeee Gassslyyyyy," Daniel said, clearly not being able to control himself from trying to annoy Pierre as per usual.

"Do you ever get tired of shouting?" Pierre asked Daniel.

Straight away Daniel answered with a 'no' but I don't know why Pierre asked that in the first place, we all knew Daniel loved hearing his own voice more than anyone else's, especially when singing Harry Styles. After Daniel said no, they both kept bantering back and forth. If they both didn't have girlfriends, you could argue that they could possibly be more than platonic but I felt like most of the drivers had that type of relationship with each other. Charles and Max were the same, as were Lando and Carlos. Actually all the drivers are like that with Carlos, it's like he has a 'smooth operator' effect on them.

Charles had took forever as it had been over an hour since Lewis and Daniel had joined me now but he soon emerged from the group of people in front of us all. He came straight over to give me a hug, causing Pierre and Daniel to make fun of him by calling him a 'simp'. He completely ignored them and continued to hang his arm around my shoulder as they went onto a more serious conversation about how the race had gone down for each of them. They did eventually get pulled away by their own girlfriends and Lewis followed as he was getting a lift with Heidi and Daniel but that meant that me and Charles could now finally make our own way out of the paddock.