Chapter 67

After that small fiasco this morning, I decided to take Pierre and Daniel away from Luis completely so that we could avoid any more slip ups. I took them to a small cafe round the corner and made them sit outside whilst I went and got us our drinks.

I'd come to this cafe a lot since I moved here so I'd got to know the people who worked here quite well. They already knew what I wanted but I obviously had to give them Daniel and Pierre's choice of drinks. I saw a few of them looking outside at my two friends every now and then and as I turned to look at them I saw them interacting with fans. There weren't many, thankfully, but the mini crowd definitely drew attention to them both.

"Who are those two hotties out there?" One of the girls, who was called Maria, asked me as she pointed outside.

Maria was fluent in English as she had lived over there for a few years when she was younger. In my past two months living here, she and I had spoken many times because I would always come here when I needed a break. Over that time she was the person who I got to know the most out of the staff here, only because the others didn't speak English or French well so it was much harder to get to know them.

"Two close friends," I smiled, answering her question before giving her a question myself. "Why?"

"They seem popular?"

"Yeah, something like that aha..."

"Are they two of your F1 friends?"

"Woah Maria, could you be any louder?" I laughed looking around at the customers, who were sitting inside, and had all simultaneously looked at Maria after hearing 'F1'. "Yes they are but please don't point attention to them."

"Sorry, sorry. Is one of them you know..."

"No, not Charles," I forced a smile because I never managed to be able to give a genuine one when his name was mentioned.

"Oh, well here are your drinks Lena," she smiled back, passing the drinks over the counter.

"Thank you, I'll see you later Mari." I said after taking the cup holder with the drinks.

I had to push the door with my bum as my hands were full but as I made my way over to the small table, the fans who were talking to Daniel and Pierre squealed . I didn't acknowledge the squeals at first because I assumed they were for the boys and the only thing in my head was getting the drinks on the table without spilling them. I didn't acknowledge them until I recognised one of their voices.

"Alena Pavelli, you're an it girl."

With the way she said it, starting from her accent to her voice in general, it immediately reminded me of the girl from the airport in Austria. When I did finally look up it was that girl and I know she wasn't my fan but it was nice to see a familiar face.

"Hi, how are you!" I asked, as I sat down next to Daniel, which was the closest seat to where the girl was standing.

"Very good but we miss you in the paddock," she pouted.

"Oh, I miss the paddock and all you guys," I said back, meaning every word. I loved the atmosphere and the sport and it was weird just watching it on the TV every now and then, when I got the time.

"I told you to be a model though!"

"You did," I laughed, remembering the conversation we had had.

I spoke some more with the girl and she explained that she was here on vacation. The reason she'd ended up here was because she was on her way to the Italian that we had all been to yesterday and coincidentally this cafe was on the way. She had no idea how the other fans knew about Daniel and Pierre being here though.

Before leaving, she handed me a small charm bracelet. The bracelet had the words 'forza Ferrari' on it and I didn't think twice before slipping it onto my wrist. She also handed me a pen and for a moment I was confused until she pulled a Ferrari shirt out of her bag.

"Oh put that thing away" Pierre joked as he saw the red shirt.

The thing is, it wasn't just the Ferrari shirt. It was a Charles Leclerc, 16, Ferrari shirt and she was wanting me to sign it. As I looked at the back of her shirt, I saw his signature and wrote just above it read 'forza Ferrari' in his handwriting.

"It says the same as your bracelet," the girl laughed a little to make what was said sound less serious.

"Yes... Are you sure you want me to sign it? I'm no Ferrari driver," I said jokingly.

"Please do. I know you two are no longer a thing but you and Charles were my favourite and you're so nice, I want your signature."

"Then my signature you will get," I said as I took the lid off the pen and carefully signed the shirt, next to Charles', where she had asked me to sign it.

"Thank you so much," she said, putting the shirt back in her bag with a smile on her face. "I have to go now and catch up with my parents but I hope I see you again at another race!"

"You too..."

"Emilie."

"Emilie! Enjoy your holiday," I smiled, just before she turned around and left us to our drinks.

She'd been the last fan here so it was now just the three of us, which meant it could hopefully be some time to relax. Daniel and Pierre were actually very quiet but I thought nothing of it as it was so calm and peaceful where we were. 

I actually hadn't noticed that Daniel had brought a bag out with him until he lifted a beige backpack and placed it on the table in front of him. He almost knocked over my drink when doing so but luckily I saved it. Him and Pierre then looked at me, both in silence and I can't lie it was a little weird, even from them two.

They continued to look at me and then back at the bag and each other. They were just being weird but they also looked a little nervous. Pierre then looked at Daniel and Daniel nodded his head at him. That was when Pierre turned to me.

"You won't be mad at us for letting him do this?" Pierre asked.

"Who? Letting them do what?" I questioned.

"So Charles..." Pierre began.

"I-"

"Please let me finish Lena."

In all honesty I didn't want to hear what either of them had to say about Charles right now because he'd been mentioned more than enough times over the past day. I was perfectly fine not thinking or hearing about him. However, they were my friends and it was meant to be a relaxing day and they knew this so I believe they wouldn't of brought anything to annoy me purposely.

"Go ahead," I said reluctantly.

"He gave us something because he knew we were coming to see you. We don't know what the stuff is because it's in a bag in this big but he said to make sure you take it and open it on your own," He explained.

"Okay, so you're going to give me this bag and I have to wait until I'm on my own?"

"Yeah something like that, you could open it now though," Pierre said, pushing the backpack towards me.

"You don't have to open it here though, you can open it on your own," Daniel added.

"Right, okay. Thank you I guess."

I didn't know what could be in this bag and I wasn't going to open it right now but I felt so awkward now. This Charles stuff was in my life no matter what and here I was sat with something off him with my two best friends, who are also his close friends, whilst my basically boyfriend is at my house right now not knowing anything about Charles at all.

I was happy with Luis though and I liked him so whatever was in this bag wouldn't change that. It was Luis and me now, not Charles and me.

Writers note
What's in the bag (,:

Thanks so so so much for 415k reads!❤️

More chapters will be up very soon!

~Mel x