Chapter 31

The past couple days had been eventful with the large group of us trying to do as much as possible together before the boys had to concentrate again. Of course they had to concentrate anyway with them having training sessions in the morning of all these days but they were able to relax and have fun after these responsibilities were out of the way. I had noticed that every morning after breakfast, Charles carried out his small activity with the balls as I'd seen him doing before and when I had asked he said it tested his reflexes and reaction speed. In fact, most of the boys did it in the morning.

Since the boat ride, me and Charles hadn't really had a moment like that again but it was understandable why as we were trying to act as normal as possible in front of everyone else. Of course him and Lauren were very much a couple to the majority of the people around us in the day and night and the only time we got together was in bed where we were both so tired due to the busy days.

However, Carlos had obviously walked in on us in the bed together a few days ago and it did force Charles to explain what was going on there so he didn't look bad to his team mate. I don't know what he told him exactly but Carlos wasn't very subtle with the eyebrow wiggles he had been giving me the past few days, whenever me and Charles were in a close proximity of each other. Daniel liked to join in on this too but I knew he knew nothing about the boat ride as I hadn't told anyone, so I knew that all he was doing was speculating.

Things that didn't go a miss was the smiles I got from Charles throughout the days. We were always smiley around each other anyway but whenever I had caught eye contact with him he gave me a different type of smile. It sounds cliche but it made me feel warm and fuzzy. He also couldn't help himself but make some type of physical contact with me, even when others were in the room, including Lauren. When half of us had been sat at the breakfast counter on the Thursday morning, he walked past me and I'd felt his hand skim along the middle of my back and later on in the day he did a similar thing whilst I was stood talking to Lando outside. It made me nervous but I couldn't turn and tell him to stop while others were around and I think he liked the thought of that.

We were soon back in the paddocks though as it was the day of practice 1 and practice 2. It was more refreshing waking up in the house than it had been waking up in the hotels but I think that was because the bed was slightly comfier, meaning it was a nicer sleep. Me and Lily decided to stay in the sun as the boys were in the garages or wherever else preparing for the practice races ahead of them for the day. I would say it was peaceful but obviously there were fans screaming at the top of their lungs in every direction but then again it was a noise I had became quite familiar with due to the last couple of weekends.

It was pretty impressive how many fans came to each day of the weekend as the ones in the paddocks were of course not all of them. In my opinion, these fans needs a pat on the back as they stood in the boiling hot all day just to support and I know it may not be something to look deep into but I know the drivers appreciated it as they all had spoken about the fans a lot in the past week. Personally, I don't believe I'd be able to stand all day for as long as they did.

"What you thinking about?" Lily asked me, creating a conversation between the two of us "Anything to do with number 16 of Ferrari?" The follow up question wasn't what I was thinking about but it was now she mentioned him and his face popped up in my head.

"No, I wasn't" I emphasised the wasn't as I genuinely wasn't thinking about him until she had spoke. "I was thinking about the fans and how much they do for the boys." I gave her a snarky smile but in a joke way as I felt I had proved her wrong for once.

"They are lovely aren't they..." she said turning to look at the fans not too far behind her, all of them starting to squeal a little louder than they were doing a few minutes ago. It was Daniel who was causing this eruption as I could see him making his way over in our direction.