Chapter 59

It had been a week since Pierre had told me about Charles and I had moped around for half of that time. I hadn't spoken to Charles at all. He was blocked on everything and he had come round to my house a few times but I'd kept all the curtains closed and basically acted as if I wasn't present. I wasn't dealing with this shit.

This may sound bad but I pretty much ignored everyone. I ignored Lewis, Lily. I ignored Pierre, Daniel, Lando. I ignored Kelly, Kika, Heidi. Even Max had tried to get in touch. The only people I spoke to were Emilio and my family, who I'd not told anything to because I didn't want my maman or papa to be mad at Charles, I just wanted peace.

For the other half of the time, I had been planning my move to Barcelona. As I said, I'd only spoken to Emilio and my family. Today was actually the day of going to Barcelona and I didn't know whether the move was going to be temporary or permanent but all I wanted to do was get out of Monaco.

Work wise, I wouldn't be continuing my job for my parents over here because my maman told me to go and find something I loved doing. I did love the business very much but she told me that it was hers and my papas dream, not mine and I think she wasn't far from the truth. Her speaking those words made me believe I did need to find something for myself and hopefully moving to Barcelona would open more pathways for me.

All my essentials were packed and one thing that did almost make me cry for the 100th time this week was seeing the shirt and hat that Charles had given me when we first met. I put both of the Ferrari items in a bag, tied it up and chucked it in the corner of my closet so that if I did come back at some point, I wouldn't have to see either of them.

I was going to keep my house here, but I planned to get my maman to give Lily the key so that hopefully she would keep it clean for me. Lily loved cleaning so I'm sure she wouldn't mind. I'd probably speak to her before I left so I wasn't just abandoning her with my key without saying anything.

I was currently upstairs, making sure I had everything when I heard a knock at the door. I peeked out of my window and I noticed the car before I noticed the person standing at my front door. He was here again and I didn't know when he was going to get the hint to leave me alone because he would know full well why I don't want to speak to him.

He stood there for a good five minutes and as much as I hated him right now, it hurt to see him walking away from my door again, knowing he would probably be knocking on the door to an actual empty house if he came after today. Just as he reached his car, my taxi that was going to be taking me to the airport pulled up outside the house. Talk about timing.

I ignored the fact Charles was still walking to his car and headed downstairs to get my suitcases to load into the car that was waiting. It took me about five minutes to gather them at my door so when I opened it ready to take them out, I expected him to be gone already but no.

He stood next to his car and as soon as I stepped out of the door with the first lot of suitcases, he didn't take long at all to notice me. I didn't look at him and I didn't speak to him but that didn't stop him from speaking to me.

"Alena, you don't understand please."

I passed the first lot of suitcases to the taxi driver as I then headed back to the house for the next lot, with Charles following behind me like a sheep. I don't know what he thought he was going to get out of speaking to me but he still tried and he was honestly hurting me more by being here. I was trying to maintain composure but I could feel my eyes getting wet as I heard his voice more.

"It wasn't special, nothing was. It wasn't what you think. I'm trying please."

Trying? I carried on ignoring him as I walked back towards the taxi, with the other suitcases in my hand.

"Alena, I beg ma cheri please..."

The more he spoke the harder it got to ignore him because even though I was hurt, I could hear the hurt in his voice too. Cheaters don't deserve sympathy but I hated the pain in his voice and I wouldn't tell him this but I didn't want him to be hurt because I'd never like to see him hurting.

I'd now passed the second lot of suitcases on and just needed to get the last lot so that I could get out of here and away from this. Whatever this was.

When I got the last lot and got them to the taxi driver, I started making my way back to my house so that I could get the key to lock up. It was then when Charles lightly grabbed my hand, causing me to look up at him. His eyes were watery too and he looked tired, really tired, which broke my heart. I pulled my hand out of his and went inside for a moment to figure out what the hell was going on right now.

I couldn't help but break down in tears as he stood outside asking to 'please come in'. There was no way he was coming in but I didn't know what to do in this situation because he was making this harder for me than it already was. He was the one who cheated and now he was at my house as I was leaving for Barcelona, the place I didn't go to in the first place because of him and what I believed we had.

I made my way back into my room where my closet was and grabbed the bag with the hat and shirt that I had tossed into the corner a few days ago. Making my way back downstairs with the bag and out the door, I had finally hit my breaking point as I slammed the door behind me locking it, whilst tears streamed down my face.

"Alena..-"

"Take your shitty shirt and shitty hat," I sniffled throwing the bag at him. "Take Isabella and your fucking cheating and go somewhere else, you're breaking me Charles. You're stood here begging for something that never meant that much to you in the first place. You lied and you cheated and you hurt me and you're hurting me even more now because you're hurt and I can't see this."

"Please, don't cry. Please I'm sorry-"

"No Charles you can't say you're sorry. You know what Luca did and you know who he did it with and you went and did the exact same thing. Do you know how much this kills me? I met your family a week ago, a week ago Charles. You can't tell me to not cry because that's all I've done for the past week, because of you and the fact you don't care about us and never did because you was going behind my back the whole time with Isabella."

"I love you Alena, please."

"Well I don't love you"

***
Writers note
I did say sorry in advance to these next chapters so sorry again <3

Is Charles right turning up to Alena's house?

~Mel x