Chapter 72

It had been 5 months after Charles' accident in Singapore and we were at the start of another season.

Charles wasn't able to race for the rest of the 2022 season after Singapore. He was heartbroken because he'd been in line for the world drivers championship. As he had to end his season early, Max ended up winning it.

We'd planned to get our relationship back on track but it had been much more difficult than either of us had imagined. The past 5 months had been a struggle for us in our relationship but also for us both individually.

To begin with, there was Charlene and Luis. We'd both coincidentally had one night stands after our break up and when we first spoke about this, we had to take a few days apart. It was a hard conversation to have but we did get through it eventually. It was more of a 'if we wanted to move on we had to get through it'.

Did I know why Charlene was present in Singapore? No. Did I ever ask? No. Why? Because as soon as I entered that hospital room, she never came back in and we hadn't seen her since.

Moving on from that, I'd been working all over for different brands. I'd done many jobs with Dior and to say I'd only been in this industry for less than a year, there were already talks for me becoming the face of their brand. It was crazy, I know.

Another brand I'd worked with quite a lot was Armani. In fact, me and Charles had both worked with Armani last month to do a shoot for them. When I tell you Charles looked good, I mean he looked GOOD. I know I saw him all the time but still don't know how I managed to focus that day.

Me modelling did mean I had to go away more than ever before. This is why it was harder for me and Charles. With him recovering and preparing for the upcoming season and me modelling, it meant our schedules never really matched up and we lost time together.

However here we are now, Bahrain 2023. My next job wasn't until Tuesday, meaning I could be here to support Charles and I was so excited to see him back in the car again, doing what he loves best.

It was race day of the first weekend on the F1 Calendar. As always, the fans were out in full force, camera men/women were everywhere and the paddock was full.

"Whatcha doing?" A voice came from behind me, making me jump as I was too focused on watching some fans dance to the music that was playing.

"Oh my god Lewis, I'm going to kill you!" I laughed, punching him in a joke way.

"Woah Pavelli," He pretended to cry, rubbing his arm where I'd punched him. "Go easy on me, I have a race in a couple of hours."

"Don't overreact" I said rolling my eyes at his poor acting. "Anyways, I was looking for Lily to be honest, she went to get some water and hasn't come back yet"

"You mean the Lily that I saw disappear with Lando about half an hour ago?" Lewis looked at me confused.

"I'm going to kill her," I said, realising I'd been ditched by my best friend.

"Can you please not kill anyone, you've threatened to kill me and her within the same five minutes now," Lewis said in a stern voice, pretending to tell me off.

"Soz Dad," I joked.

"Right that's it, now I feel like you're calling me old, I'm going to the garage," he said, putting his hand up sassily and walking away.

Sometimes I honestly think these drivers have two different personalities. They have the 'i don't care' personality when they're in the cars and then they have the not very serious, childish personality. Not one of them has only one side to them.

Seen as Lily wasn't returning anytime soon, I thought I'd go and look for Charles. The race started in a couple of hours like Lewis had mentioned and I wanted to see my lovely, beautiful, extremely hot boyfriend as much as I could before it started.

Yes, I had to mention the fact he's extremely hot, I feel like I never did it enough before.

As I entered the Ferrari garage, I saw a few familiar faces, faces I'd not seen for quite a while. They all smiled at me and I obviously smiled back. As I went to ask where Charles was, almost all of them pointed at his room, they knew me so well.

"Your favourite person has arrived," I said as I opened the door and entered.

"Hello Alena," Carlos said to me, as he stood next to Charles who stood there with a smirk on his face.

"Oh hi Carlos, I didn't expect you to be here too. You're lucky I didn't walk in stripping for Charles or something," I joked.

As soon as I said that, Charles' eyes widened and his cheeks started to turn red. However, Carlos had a different type of widened eyes and look extremely shocked with what I'd said.

"Since when did your girlfriend become a confident bad bitch?" Carlos looked at Charles before looking back at me. "Alena, what happened to the polite sweet girl Charles had us all meet."

"Hey, now that's rude, I was obviously joking," I defended myself, whilst laughing, knowing Carlos wasn't meaning it in a bad way.

"Was you joking?" Charles asked me. "I wouldn't complain if you-"

"Yes, I was joking Charles" I cut him off, stopping him from finishing his sentence.

"I feel some sexual tension, I'm taking this as my cue to leave," Carlos laughed, slipping out the door and closing it behind himself moments later.

"Was you joking?" Charles asked me again.

"No."

With that, Charles walked over to me and slammed his lips against mine. I had a good idea in mind for a way that I could give him some good luck for the race. All I was thinking was I'd better make it fast.

***
Writers note
The story is coming to an end soon and there are going to be a few skips in time. I'm going to do my best to get this finished by the end of this year. I honestly love this story as it's my first but I can't wait for the second one. It will be a sequel in some way to this one but I can't give away too much :)

Hope you enjoy this chapter and the rest of the story of Alena/Charles <3

~ Mel x