Chapter 29

I'd spent most of my day with the Ferrari driver as we lounged around in the garden together, only joining the others when it was time for some food. When it reached the 5 o'clock mark, I was instructed by Charles to go and get ready and to make sure I was ready for six. The only thing he told me about what to wear was to make sure I had a jacket so that I wouldn't get cold, which gave away that we were probably going to be outside.

I'd managed to get ready in 50 minutes and I was impatiently waiting for the next ten minutes to pass so that I could go and tell Charles I was ready to go. When I looked at myself in the mirror I felt like something was missing from the look. I had a jacket on, I'd done some light makeup, I had shoes on so I didn't get what looked so off. I got up and rummaged through my suitcase looking for what it was I could've been thinking about and then I saw the bright red peaking out from under the rest of the clothes. The Ferrari jacket was the missing part and it actually fit with my outfit when I removed the other jacket for it.

"Oh, you look so pretty" Lily said walking into the room, clapping her hands together. "Is this some sort of date with Mr Charles Leclerc?"

"No, no, it's just an evening out" I smiled back at her, shutting down the word 'date' as soon as it left her mouth. She winked at me, clearly not believing a word of what I said but I let her be in her own imagination about what it was because I wouldn't make her think any different.

We both heard Charles shout me from the bottom of the stairs, which was my cue to leave and say goodbye to Lily who stood looking at me with an even bigger smile now. I joined Charles at the front door, that he had opened ready for us to walk out but before we turned to exit, he told me one second and walked back into the living room. He returned putting something in the back of his pocket before leading me out with his hand on the bottom of my back.

"Have I told you how much I like seeing you wearing my team's merch?" he said as we got into the car, "you make red look better than me". That was definitely a lie because I and all the girls that wooed over this man would disagree with that statement, red was his colour and he definitely took advantage of it when he'd wore red pants to the past two weekends qualifying days.

When I looked at him I saw him with a small smirk on his face as he started the car, then making a loud revving noise as he pulled it away from the drive. The drive was pleasant as music played on a low volume and the wind that came through the windows, that were slightly rolled down, circulated through the car as I watched the landscape pass outside. The company of Charles for the half an hour car ride was perfect as usual as he hummed along with the songs the whole time and I felt like I too was at ease when I was around him.

We pulled up in a small private car park that was almost empty and was in quite a quiet area as I saw no people walking on any of the streets surrounding it. It wasn't that late so I found it quite unusual but I was so used to Monaco and that seemed to feel busy most of the time as it was such a small country, meaning you saw a person almost every 5 miles you walked. Charles had made his way round to my door, opening it and holding his hand out for mine to hold so that I could get out. He shut the door behind me and locked the car door, tapping his back pocket afterwards, I'm guessing to make sure whatever he had got from the house was still there.

He took my hand in his and led us out of the car park and onto a path, which he was following very closely. We took a couple of turns before I saw him gain a little bit more confidence in where we were going as he started walking with a little more speed, making me walk faster as well. Before I knew it we were stood in front of small boats on a harbour and he pulled keys out of his pocket and dangled them in front of me, which meant we were going on one of them.

"Good idea" he asked me, like he was asking for confirmation that I wanted to go on one.

"I love it" I smiled at him, making him relax as he knew he had made a good decision.