Chapter 21

Last night, I and Charles had hung around on the balcony until we both agreed it was getting too chilly to stay out any longer. When we had left each other and gone to our own rooms, it wasn't too long after I received a message off of him wishing me a good sleep. I replied with good night back and had held my phone to my chest for a couple of seconds, thinking about how much I enjoyed having him as a company before I put it onto the nightstand and fell asleep.

Now, it was race day once again and I made sure to wear as much of the Ferrari logo as possible as I flung Charles' jacket over my shoulder and placed a Ferrari cap on my head before leaving the hotel room. If anyone was going to stand out as a Ferrari fan today then it would definitely be me as I also wore a pair of red pants that matched the red shade of the jacket. Basically, I wore as much red as possible and I didn't normally go all out but I felt like making a statement after Lauren had been so rude yesterday.

For once, Lily wasn't there before me as I was up quite early for once so I made my way over to her hotel room, which was down the hallway, and knocked so that she knew I was there. About a second after I knocked she flung the door open and she could correct me if I was wrong but she looked like just as much of a highlighter as I did, yet she was an orange one. I found it funny when we had these moments where we would accidentally do a similar thing on the same day without even trying to.

She laughed at the sight of me as I did the sight of her and followed her laughing up saying exactly what I was thinking. "I didn't know we decided to dress up as the colours of the rainbow today"

"Well we can put it down to something like saying we are supporting the teams for each other as well so we have to do extra" I joked as we both knew Ferrari was our true team at heart but Mclaren had also become someone we supported after meeting Daniel and Lando. Of course Pierre got support from us too, I couldn't forget about him.

"Deal, good excuse for us looking like the colours themselves vomited up on us" she laughed back.

If it was a normal day we would probably get stares for how we looked right now as it didn't really blend in but as we made our way through the hotel lobby and streets of Saudi, it was clear why we were dressed how we were as the logo's gave it away. We got noticed by a few people when we got closer to the paddocks gate as people referred to us as 'friends of the drivers' and a few of them said specific names including Charles.

We had to push our way through, trying to be as polite as possible to everyone, so that we could get to where the gate was and enter. Peoples attention soon turned to people behind us and I heard a few girls screaming 'oh my god it's lewis', obviously on about Lewis Hamilton. He was one of the few drivers that I had not yet seen nor had a conversation with even though he had been around quite a lot the past two weekends in the same places that I had been in.

He too pushed through fans, giving them a smile as he got ushered through the gates by the security. As he went to walk past us, he looked up and came to a halt, giving us each a smile before he began speaking "random to say but, I see you guys a lot round here and I saw you at that party after Bahrain. Are you guys friends of one of the other pilots?"

Lily was quick to answer with "we know a few of them and have become quite friendly with them yes, but Alena is quite close with Charles." He nodded his head, indicating that he was listening and she then introduced herself too as it was only polite to do so after he started the conversation.

"I should see you two around then?" he asked and both of us told him yes before he said goodbye and continued to walk past us, making his way over to some more fans that were shouting for him from some gates in the paddocks.

I knew that Lewis was quite an influential person within this sport and obviously there were people like Sebastian Vettel but you always saw Lewis everywhere, involved with everything. Also, in a lot of the conferences that were held, if anything was to be asked about Lewis, a lot of the pilots would have positive things to say about him. From that very small interaction I could see how he radiated being positive and polite to people, which gave a very good first impression of him.