Chapter 69

I entered the living room, where Luis was sat, with his feet up watching the television, like he owned the place. I was ready to tell him to leave but I just decided to give up because it was obvious he was already comfortable and unlikely to go.

"Who was that?" Luis asked me yet another question.

"It was just Hayley, who directed the Dior stuff...wanted to say well done and stuff," I yet again told him another lie.

I was keeping up to date with the build up to the race on my phone, following all the updates on the Formula 1 app and twitter. I was having to hold my phone down beside me so that Luis didn't see what I was doing but luckily he was too intrigued by the television to pay attention to what I was doing.

It wasn't long before the race had started and now I was watching my phone even closer. By lap 6 Charles was in the lead with Lewis behind him and Carlos behind Lewis. I wanted to be excited for Charles but I wanted Lewis to catch him because a Lewis win would be so nice right now. It had been so long since he had one.

As the laps passed, I was watching my phone more closely so that I knew every move that was happening and where all of the drivers were. Daniel had gained quite a few positions from where he had started on the grid and so had Pierre but unfortunately Lando had lost them as McLaren didn't have pace for this race.

"Oh shit, have you seen this," Luis said out of nowhere.

I was too focused on the race updates to pay attention to what Luis was on about right now but he then decided to start nudging me like a child. The nudging then turned to poking and I hate poking.

"What Luis," I turned to him, hoping he'd show me whatever quickly so I could focus my attention back on the race.

The thing is, what he showed me was a part of the race. It hadn't shown on the updates though, so it couldn't have been true. In the video, a Ferrari had gone full speed in the barriers after the car hadn't turned. The front of the car was smashed up, all the wheels had unattached from the car and the person inside it wasn't getting out.

I looked back at my phone and started refreshing it to see if it was real or if it was from a previous GP. I knew it wasn't from a previous one because I watched all the Singapore races but maybe I missed one before? It wasn't real right.

'Red Flag: Charles Leclerc still to respond to engineers after the Ferrari locked up, not allowing the driver who has led for 61 laps to turn his car. '

Why wasn't he responding to Xavi? I felt so hopeless right now as I refreshed, and refreshed, and refreshed the app constantly. I don't know how it was this bad. If he wasn't answering did that mean he was hurt? Was he even conscious?

'Charles Leclerc to be helped out of the car as he complains to his engineer about his leg. Unknown delay as of now.'

I needed to get to him.

I stood up quickly, making Luis jump a little as his arm had been laid across my lap. He looked at me so confused and as I went into the kitchen so that I could go to head up the stairs, I felt nLuis grab my arm.

"Don't tell me you're going to him Alena," he snapped, seeming quite angry.

"Going to who Luis?" I asked, trying to act clueless.

"Charles, your ex. The guy who just crashed Alena," he said. "Don't go to him after what he did to you."

My head was scrambled right now but what Luis said was so clear then. I thought he had no idea who Charles was. I thought he didn't even know what Formula 1 was so why was he telling me not to go to him now and how did he know he was my ex.

"Luis, how do you know about Charles?" I questioned.

"Are you stupid enough to think I have no idea who Charles Leclerc is? I know Formula 1 and I know the driver and I know you Alena. I know full well you don't deserve what he did so why are you going after him now?"

"Luis, are you blind? He's just fucking crashed and it isn't a small crash either, I have to go there. Also, you sound just like Emilio right now, please don't be like that." I said.

He was still holding onto my arm and I'd not seen this side to Luis yet. It was obvious I didn't know him very well because he knew everything yet acted clueless and right now he was getting mad at me for wanting to go to someone I care about because they're obviously hurt.

"Are you blind Alena? He doesn't care about you, he cheated. Even the letter he gave you was stupid and that Ferrari shit that you clearly don't care about. Him being hurt is just an excuse for you to go to him and it's pathetic."

He looked at the letter and the stuff in that bag. I heard little parts of what he had just said to me and standing out the most was the fact he had been in that bag. The bag that was meant for me. The word 'pathetic', he clearly wasn't the person I thought he was.

"We, us. We're done Luis, fucking done. Now get off me," I shouted, ripping my arm away from his hand before turning to go upstairs.

I heard him follow me up the stairs but I paid no attention to it as I went straight to my room to pack my suitcase. I wasn't packing it neatly, I was chucking everything in. I didn't need co- ordination right now, I needed packed bags and a flight to Singapore booked.

As I was throwing the few things left into my bags, I was also looking at flights to Singapore from Barcelona and luckily for me there was one available in four hours, meaning I could make it if I was quick. The flight was obviously long but the sooner I could get over there, the better. So, I booked the flight without thinking twice.

"Alena don't leave for h-" Luis began to speak.

"Shut up. Don't tell me what to do and don't speak like you know him because you don't. I care about him okay, I love him and he'd hurt right now. I need to go and you don't have a right to tell me not to leave," I interrupted him before he could finish.

"Alena."

"No. One more thing though..." I started, whilst placing the bag Daniel and Pierre had brought over into my suitcase. "How did you know everything and why did you act like you didn't know me?"

"Emilio, but he was just looking out for you-"

"Yeah, that's enough," I interrupted once again. "I don't need to hear any more, you won't see me here again because I'm going home after Singapore."

With that, I dragged my bags out of the room and left Luis standing there on his own. I was getting to this flight and I was getting to Charles.

***
Writers note
How do we think the Charles/Alena reunion will go? Also someone aka @mrsleclerc258 knew that Emilio was involved, you guys guess things right all the time (,:

Enjoy though <3

~Mel x