HOPE

After eating Danny volunteered to do the dishes, he was still a little embarrassed about rambling to the two villains (ex-villains?) to look at either of them too long. After everything was cleaned up, the three settled on the couch to watch t.v. Danny wasn't really paying attention to what was playing. He relaxed further back into the cushions and must have nodded off because the next thing he knew his mo... uh, Harley was arguing with a deep male voice, that sounded distorted.

"You can't keep him here Harley, he's a kid, he needs to be in school. Letting him go with Batman will keep him safe while we figure out the Joker situation."

Danny felt his eyes flash green. "Who is this guy? I'm right here does it matter what I might want?"

Danny felt a tug at his core as he came around the corner to see a tank of a man with a red helmet talking with his mo... Harley. Danny looked at where the man's eyes should be and felt the most intense wave of rage he had ever felt in his life. The man was full of corrupted ectoplasm "had the man bathed in it?" Danny had enough time to process that when the mountain of a man lunged for him with a snarl. Danny let himself be tackled and rolled with the man until he was on top.

He heard Harley cry out. "Hood what are doin'?"

Danny felt a surge in his core and suddenly they were not in Harley's apartment anymore, they were in the ghost zone somewhere close to the far frozen. The man was still snarling and raging which was starting to effect Danny. Danny gave the man a fanged grin and gave into the rage he was feeling. He had been through so much in a short amount of time. Fighting with the other halfa helped relieve some misplaced aggression. The two proceeded to have an all-out brawl, until the other halfa's rage had settled enough for Danny's head to clear, which then ended with Danny creating ice around the man's torso and pinning his arms down. He took the man to FrostBite to see if he could help with the corrupted ectoplasm.

FrostBite nodded solemnly " I can help him; we have seen the effects of corrupted ectoplasm before but not on a halfa. It's going to take several days before it's done, and we want to wait until he is calm enough to ask for consent before treating him. You should keep your distance for now Great One, the reason you felt his rage is because your cores started resonating." The two started walking.

FrostBite must have noticed the child's confusion because he explained further, sometimes when two compatible ghost or halfas in this case are near each other their cores can resonate, which can cause one's emotions to affect the other. "

"I don't even know him!" Danny protested.

Frostbite laughed "You don't have to sometimes these things just happen."

Danny sighed "so he is a halfa?"

"He is. Nodded Frostbite, we won't be able to tell until the corruption is gone but I believe he has a shadow core. I don't think he will have a second form, however.

Danny nodded but stayed silent as they walked. Frostbite waited patiently knowing the child had something on his mind.

"I think I teleported us here." It was said quietly almost a whisper.

Frostbite hummed. "Are you worried about controlling this new power?"

The two came to a window and Danny stopped to stare out at the snow.

"Will I ever stop developing new powers?" The questions was asked softly.

Forstbite gently placed his massive, clawed hand on the young halfas back. "I don't know Great One, but I'm sure you will master this new power as you have the others, perhaps we can find a teacher for you that can teleport."

Danny gave him a brittle smile. He was worried. Worried about how powerful he would be. Worried about Harley. Worried about the Bats because he was sure the new halfa was RedHood and they were sure to know he was missing. He would have to figure out how to let everyone know that they were okay. Danny sighed; despite the sleep he had managed to get he just felt tired.

A/N: Did I gloss over their fight because I don't know how to write a fight scene? Yep. Also there will absolutely NOT be any romance between Jason and Danny at this point because adult/child. That's gross. I'm thinking more very protective big brother just as protective little brother relationship type thing. They are both feral and hate clowns, it makes sense.