Mother's love

Harley was furious to say the least. Whoever had let the Joker in on their son was dead. Somewhere a prison guard was feeling a cold shiver run down his back. Harley looked at the frightened teen in front of her and couldn't help  but smile. Her boy was handsome. His blue eyes held light and kindness and at this moment fear. She knew her own held madness and she was happy to not see that reflected back at her from the child she had given up all those years ago.  "Don't worry sweetheart, I'm going to get us out of here, you don't have to be afraid. What's your name?" 

"Daniel but most people just call me Danny. Either is fine with me, just don't call me Dan please."

 Harley could see trauma and darkness in her son eyes when he said not to call him Dan. The therapist in her wanted to ask and the Mother in her wanted to make it better for her baby even if she couldn't claim him in that way. She gave him a soft smile. "Okay Danny. It's going to be okay." Harley looked around and realized non of the guards had been posted in the room. She quickly freed herself then freed Danny. He looked up at her nervously.

"So what's the plan. I'm sure there are plenty of guards right outside."

 Harley gave what she hoped was a comforting smile but judging by the alarm on her son's face she failed. She looked around and noticed the windows high above them. She looked at Danny and asked him "do you think you can get up there?" She knew she could but she wasn't leaving without her child. 

He looked nervous and said "you go first, I will try to follow."

 She frowned but started climbing anyway. She got to the top and was surprised to see Danny right behind her. He smiled nervously and rubbed the back of his neck. Harley grinned to herself and started checking the windows. She found one with a crack and quickly pushed on it until a large peace fell to the ground. She held her breath waiting to see if anyone had noticed the noise. When nothing happened she stepped out on the ledge and turned and helped Danny out too. 

Danny looked around and asked" how are we getting down?"

 Harley checked the drain pipe next to them and it seemed sturdy enough to hold them. We are going to have to climb down, quickly we are exposed out here. Harley went first and once she reached the bottom to reached out and helped Danny down.  Harley glanced back at Danny. "We are going to have to make a run for it. Do you think you can be quiet?"

 Danny gave her an odd grin and said" yeah like a ghost." Harley raised an eyebrow and took off. 

A/N: Yo. It's your girl. I live. I'm sorry outcast. I know the last time I posted was a year ago and I mentioned I had covid. I recovered from that and then in August I went to the Doc for my back to school physical and things went sideways. As he was examining me he got an odd look on his face and sent me immediately for a CT of my abdomen. Turns out I had a basketball sized mass that needed to be removed ASAP. So I now have a lovely scar from about 4inches above my belly button to my pelvis that took forever to heal completely.  Thankfully the mass was benign. I am however seriously struggling with anxiety and depression. I lost all motivation for everything really including writing. I should probably see someone and even be on meds but the thought of admitting I'm struggling is hard.  I don't want pity I just wanted you guys to understand why I haven't updated and why It may be awhile before I continue to do so. All the love you guys. Stay safe.