Searching

Bruce spent what little time he had between running Wayne Inc. and being Gotham's resident hero to search for Harley's son. Batman had talked to Harley about when she had the baby and where she gave him up what alias she used when she did, it helped narrow the search down. Damian would occasionally come to the Cave and offer to help but Bruce usually brushed him aside, determined to find the Joker's son and make sure he wasn't as insane as his parents.

 Hurt would flicker in the boy's eyes but the black haired man never noticed too focused on his work. Someone did notice though and he wasn't happy. Alfred was determined to make the Father see the error of his ways, he just had to wait for his opportunity. It came when Bruce was able to follow the paper trail to Daniel Fenton, adopted by Jack and Madeline Fenton. He did his research and found the parents are ghost hunters. Strange but that may be my way in. I'll go as myself and claim I'm interested in their research for my company. It didn't take the detective long to get in contact with the older Fentons and set up a time and day to meet.

 He let Alfred know his plans who only said quietly in the respectful but reproachful way only Alfred seemed to be able to pull off "sir I believe you should take Master Damian with you."

 The younger man shook his head and says "Alfred he has school and he probably doesn't want to go anyway." 

The butler let's out a sigh and says "I have already arranged everything with the school, they have sent over the work he needs for the week, and I know it has been awhile since you have had a child in the house, but what Master Damian wants is some of your attention." "He hasn't really had a chance to know you, and after what his Mother has put him through......" "I think some bonding time would do him some good." "Maybe even help him stop lashing out." Here the BatButler gave Bruce a pointed look.

 Bruce gives him a small smile and says "I'm not winning this one am I?"

 Alfred simply smiles back and says "I'll go get Master Damian and yourself ready for your trip, I believe it's cold where your going." It didn't take long to get ready and get the jet fueled and ready to leave. Bruce talked to Dick who talked to Jason and both agreed to watch Gotham while they were gone. Too much bad blood for Jason to speak to Bruce, maybe someday.

 Bruce and Damian had a hotel room booked and would meet with the Fentons the next day. After they got settled in the older of the pair went over the plan. "We will be meeting with the Fentons about two o'clock that way we will be able to see what kind of people they are but the kids should be getting there a little after three, so we should be able to meet Daniel." Damian nods in response. Bruce reaches out and ruffles his hair which Damian scowls at, but Bruce could tell was secretly pleased about "alright kiddo let's get some rest, something tells me tomorrow is going to be a long day."

 Bruce had no idea how right he was. They were greeted to the two adult Fentons when they knocked. Thankfully, the wife kept the husband from shooting green goo all over the Waynes. The two were dressed in skin tight jump suits, and when the detective went to shake their hands he got a polite but firm handshake from the wife, but the husband swept him up in an excited hug and invited them in. Bruce was scowling at that point but couldn't help a small smile when he caught a glimpse of his son who was trying and failing not to laugh. They settled into the kitchen at the table where the Fentons had their research ready to go over with the CEO. Bruce didn't particularly believe in ghost so the 'weapons' weren't really interesting to the secret hero, but when they started talking about ecto-powered inventions and how it seemed to be renewable energy he started paying attention, it sounded like it could be used as a clean energy source, he would have to look into it further.

 Then they started going on about the portal they had invented. Bruce couldn't help put start worrying. He interrupted the Fentons and says "wait." "Your saying you opened a portal to another dimension?"