Harley's What?

It had been a long patrol, for our Dark Knight, especially since he had to keep his newest protege known as Robin under control, he just had to keep reminding himself that Robin was still learning how things were done that he just couldn't go off on his own or kill the people he felt deserved it or just annoyed him. 

He was about to call it a night when he heard an alarm go off that was quickly silenced. He signaled Robin and the duo quickly made their way to where the sound originated from. The Duo went in silently to find Harley Quinn, who had just escaped from Arkham Asylum recently, going through files and throwing the ones she didn't need carelessly to the side muttering to herself. Batman signaled Robin to stay back and went toward the desk in the room staying out of sight in the shadows. He noticed a piece of mail that said Gotham Adoption Agency. Adoption Agency?  What in the world could Harley want here? Time to find out. 

Batman made his way out of the shadows and in a monotone says "Harley, what are you doing here?"

 Harley glances up and without stopping what she doing says "hey big guy give me a minute, I'll find it soon." She starts tossing more files around. Batman strolls forward to make her stop unwilling to let her finish not knowing what she might want or what her plan is.

 He reaches out and puts a hand on her shoulder just for her to flip him over. The black clad hero turns and flips to his feet and quickly starts fighting the determined woman. After several moments of hand to hand the Caped crusader is able to subdue the red and black clad woman and quickly ties her to a chair available in the room and signals Robin to come in. He soon regrets it because Harley is snarling out words not suitable for children's ears. He waits until she calms down then starts his interrogation.

 He growls out "Harley, what do you want with the files." "What do you want here." She just sits there staring mutinously not saying anything. Robin for once stays in the background just watching. Batman nods at him and says "fine we will just call in the police and let them take you back to Arkham.

 She shifts in the chair and says "Wait!" "I'll tell you." He doesn't say anything just waits. She looks around the room, blue eyes resting on Robin for a moment before looking back at Batman. "I want to find my son."

 Robin comes forward and says "you had a kid." "Heaven help him."

 She bares her teeth at him and looks back at Batman. "Yes I have a child, he would be 14 now." 

Batman looks at her with no emotion on his face and says "Is he.....?" 

She nods reluctantly "yeah he's mista Js." "That's why I gave him up." "I knew he deserved better than me, better than him." "I never want to know what Joker would have done with our boy." 

Batman nods in understanding and ask "why are you looking for him then." "You said he is fourteen now." 

Harley nods her head and says "after I had him I did my best to forget him, so I wouldn't ever be tempted to tell Joker about him." "There's a new inmate at the asylum, she really messed up." 

Robin scoffs and says "What does that have to do with you or him?" 

She rolls her eyes and says "if you'll let me finish....." He takes a step back and doesn't say anything. She takes a breath and says "the girl is 17, she was adopted as a little kid like 4 or 5." "Bats.... what her 'parents' did to her, well let's just say they messed her up good." "It's why she's there." "It made me realize that just because we didn't raise him doesn't guarantee he has a good life." "I need to know, that I made the right choice." She looks up hopefully.

 Batman shakes his head and says "your going back to Arkham." He puts his hand up when she leans forward to protest and says "I will find your son, the less you know about him, the safer he will be." 

She nods slowly then says "you swear you'll find him and make sure he's being treated right?" "Just because he came for us doesn't mean he deserves......."

 "Harley." Batman growls out "you have my word as a hero and a mentor father that I will find your son and make sure he has a good life."

 She sighs and says "fine I'll be waiting." After she's carted off back to the Asylum the Duo make their way to the cave.

 Once there Batman and Robin remove their mask and Bruce sits at the computer booting it up with the intention of starting his search. Damian comes over and says "your really going to look for him." Bruce nods not taking his blue eyes off the screen. Damian frowns at him and says "I wonder what the son of Harley Quinn and the Joker is like?" Bruce frowns and says "I don't know, but I have every intention of finding out."