Desperate measures

The Dark Knight frowned thinking of the plan he and the others had come up with. He didn't like it and if his suspicions about Phantom were true they were leaving a kid in the line of fire. He frowned, causing the few other members around him to collectively take a step back. "I don't like this. We are leaving Phantom too exposed to someone we know is not only powerful but has no problems with using that power to hurt others." 

Superman being the only one brave enough to speak up gave a sigh and gently says "we don't like it either, but the only way to catch Masters off guard is to have Phantom go in first. He will distract him while we use the weapon that will leave him powerless."

 Batman's frowned deepened. Everyone gave another collective step back as even Superman swallowed nervously Batman gave a growl and said "it will leave him without his powers not powerless, it would be foolish to underestimate him even if this works." 

Superman gave a nod "your right. Everyone ready to move out?" 

Everyone gave a collective nod and started toward the portal still giving Batman side glances. He continued to frown but went to the portal with everyone else. They made it to Amity Park without delay. Flash kept a lookout but not too close so as not to alert Vlad to their presence. Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman, and Green Arrow stayed back at a safe house. Batman went over the tech he had gotten from the Fentons and even a new device Phantom had provided them with. The boy had explained it would strip Masters of his ghost powers, leaving him unable to transform back for several hours. The Dark Knight still didn't like the plan. Everyone that knew him, knew he had a soft spot for kids, and putting one, even a powerful one like Phantom in the line of fire didn't sit well with him at all. He even had suspicions that Masters wasn't the only halfa caused by the Fentons negligence. 

Some time later Superman tilted his head in a way Batman knew he could hear something the others couldn't. He gave them a grim nod and said "it's time."

 They left the safe house and fanned out into a loose circle forming a type of perimeter, just in time for Phantom to be slammed into the middle of it. The League stayed out of site waiting for their enemy to show himself, no doubt gloating over his victory. 

Phantom gave a pained grunt and climbed to his feet. "What do you want now, Plasmius?" The creature didn't reply just flew down and wrapped it's arms around the young hero. Phantom looked up and made eye contact with Batman and gave a nod for him to use the weapon.  Batman raised the weapon and fired it at the two beings watching as it caused them both to transform. One into Vlad Masters and the other into Daniel Fenton.

 He could hear the other hero's let out a gasp, realizing what they had done. Flash rushed over and handcuffed Masters as Batman started toward the young hero. He was watching Danny when he noticed the boy look up with horrified eyes and heard the voice of Maddie Fenton let out a cry       "Danny?"