Knowledge is Power

Bruce cursed to himself. He needed to talk to Phantom, but was willing to admit he may have went about it all wrong. The kid had been terrified to realize he was trapped, and what the hell are the Guys in White? Bruce would have to spend the day researching. Damian was getting caught up on school work. Bruce found videos of Phantoms fights online. He could see the teen was always on alert and careful of civilians. He always tried to keep his fights either high in the air or goad his opponent into leaving the area.

He also found a video of Phantom commenting his crimes. In one he was stealing from a jewel store. Grainy surveillance video wasn't the greatest quality, but at least it was in color. Why are his eyes red here, when they are always green? The worlds greatest detective also found a video of the kidnapping of the former Mayor. He could see that there was something wrong with the way Phantom was holding the small man. "Damian" He called the boy over. "What do you see here?"

Damian studied the video, then watched it several more times. He looks at his father and says "The Mayor's eye's are red, and he has Phantom, not the other way around." "You think he was set up?"

Bruce hums and says "maybe, we still need to talk to him though." "Next time we will go about it differently." "If he still won't talk then I will put a call in to the Justice League."

Damian shifted his bare feet on the plush carpet and nodded. He went back to his school work knowing they would have a long day ahead of them.

Bruce went back to his file on Danny. He had decided that Danny was a typical teen just figuring himself out, and that having Harley and the Joker as his biological parents didn't seem to have any negative impacts on the boy. Although Bruce would be monitoring him from time to time, just to be sure.

This Phantom though, the dark haired man needed more information, he needed to know if the entity was truly a hero, or a criminal. The being was powerful, and not knowing made the Dark Knight nervous. Bruce leaned back in the armchair he was sitting in and closed his eyes to the dull afternoon sun. Thankfully clouds had gathered so it wasn't too bright. He felt himself relax, until he felt a small hand shaking his shoulder. He opened his eyes and realized he had fallen asleep for an hour.

Damian tilts his head and says "if we are meeting with the Fentons again we need to go." Bruce gives him a small smile and stands, stretching as he does.

The meeting with the Fentons went without problem. The kids got home a little earlier than usual, but what really caught the Wayne's notice was Danny. He was pale with dark circles under his eyes as though he hadn't slept, and he kept scanning the room as though he was waiting for something to jump out at him. He even jumped when his father put his arm around his shoulder.

Jack looked at his son in concern "Did something happen today at school son?"

Danny shakes his head and answers "no Dad, I didn't sleep well last night, I'm just really tired. Actually, I think I'm going to go lie down for bit, do you mind?"

Jack shakes his head and says, "I think that's a good idea, Danno, sleep well." Danny gives them a polite smile and turns and leaves the room.

Jack and Maddie frown at each other and look in the direction their son went, with concern. Maddie slides back from the table and excuses herself, most likely to check in on her son. Jazz smiles at the Wayne's, a smile that doesn't quite mask the concern on her face, gives her father a quick hug and also heads upstairs.

Bruce looks over at Jack and asks "Is he alright?"

Jack nods slowly and says, "Danny gets nightmares sometimes, has since he was little." He used to wake us up, but since he's older, I think he worries it's a burden, and won't let us know anymore. He usually can't go back to sleep once they wake him."