Warpath

It had been the strangest day for Jason so far and that was saying a lot considering he had died and been resurrected. He woke up after a bout of pit madness worried, he had killed someone just to see a giant yeti. He was reassured that the 'great one' was fine, whoever that is, and had brought him here so his 'corrupted ectoplasm' could be treated. Once the yeti explained it a bit more Jason realized they were saying they could cure the pit madness. 

The yeti went on to explain how the corruption had been suppressing his core and that he may even develop powers once they finished. Should he be concerned and a little weary of what was happening? Yes absolutely. Did he want the pit madness gone more than the ingrained distrust? Also, yes. 

He was reassured the kid was fine apparently, he was this great one everyone kept referring to. He was also told he wouldn't be seeing him in person until the corruption was taken care of because his anger effected the kid too. He let it go for now not wanting to subject the kid to the pit madness. He wasn't sure why, but he felt like he should protect the kid. Like he would one of his brothers. Not that he would ever admit that out loud. He was a fierce crime lord to be feared dammit. He was a little concerned about how Harley was going to react to what happened with the kid. Jason realized his thoughts were going around in circles and decided to lay back and get some rest while he was being treated. He would explain later, and hope Harley forgave him. ...

Harley had started out having a good day. She was with her son, her son! and Ivy and had gotten to enjoy a nice breakfast. Her son was a sweetheart and so polite and she loved him, more than she thought it possible to love someone. Then Hood had stopped by and ruined everything! Harley was going to take a mallet to his fool head as soon as she saw him again. 

Ivy watched Harley pace with concern. She knew the other woman could easily spiral out of control. Ivy understood, her child was involved. Ivy liked Danny, he had some of Harley's mannerisms and the boy was so polite and didn't seem to mind she was green. Pam was brought out of her thoughts by the phone ringing. It was Harley's. Who didn't even seem to notice it. She answered it and put it on speaker so Harley could hear. 

What? 

um, Ms. pam? 

Danny?! 

Is my mo.. um Harley there? 

 I'm here sugar, what happened are you okay? 

I'm fine but Red hood is sick, and we are somewhere he can get treatment. We'll be home soon; I just didn't want you to worry. 

The two exchanged concerned looks.  

Harley was the one to answer, what do you mean sick? 

I don't want to say too much, it's his story to tell but I wanted you to know we are okay. Also, I know it's a lot to ask but could someone let one of the bats know that Hood is okay and will be in touch soon? 

Of course, darlin. Be safe and see you soon!

Bye, love you. 

 They could hear a squeak of embarrassment as the phone was rapidly hung up. Pam laughed but stopped quickly at the look on Harley's face.

 Harley?

 He almost called me Mom. 

Pam smiled and nodded. "What are you going to do?"

Harley bared her teeth in a demented smile. "Oh, I'm going to have words with the big bad bat about him sending someone to take my son."

a/n: So fun fact about me I have ADHD, and became hyper fixated on DP/DC crossovers, but then my brain decided that was done. So, here I am trying to finish two open stories with no motivation. I think from now on if I become inspired, I'll stick to one shot and hopefully won't leave anyone hanging. I'm really sorry this story is moving so slow. I will open my computer sometimes and just stare at the screen for a ridiculous amount of time just to close it and hate myself a little for not working on it.