Menace

Bruce and Damian made their way back to the hotel. Bruce went to his laptop and started researching the being they had witnessed demolish the other being not too long ago. The kid or at least he looked like a kid had demolished what looked to be a mechanical being the took its head right off. He glanced over at Damian to see he was on his Tablet and researching as well. What they found was surprising. Ghost? Really? It seemed the mechanical being was called Skulker and proclaimed himself the Ghost Zone's greatest hunter. Not anymore.

The second being was known as Phantom and it seemed as though the media couldn't decide if he was terrorizing everyone or saving them. It seemed he and the other 'ghost' had appeared less than a year ago, and the Fentons as the local ghost experts believed all ghost to be evil. Especially Phantom. I'm going to have to research more about this Phantom, maybe bring him in for questioning. As viscous as that fight was he stayed aware of his surroundings, either to make sure no one was around to get hurt, or to make sure there were no witnesses.

The dark haired man put away his research and turned to Damian. "What do you think?"

Damian shook his head and replied "I don't know, the everyone seems to be divided, on whether he is a hero or a villain." "Of course we know it's never black and white."

Damian got a distant look on his face and it hit Bruce all over again that Damian was just a kid, his kid, and he hadn't done a very good job of protecting him so far. He didn't know he existed until recently but that hardly excused how he had been treating him so far. Bruce gave him a smile smirk and says "I guess we'll just have to bring him in for questioning won't we?"

Damian smiles and says "we?"

Bruce reaches over and ruffles his hair and says "well, if you don't want to help."

Damian knocks his hand away with a scowl and says "I suppose I could take the time." Bruce suppresses his grin at seeing the excitement on his son's face. Too much and Damian would shut down.

Bruce decided it was time for a subject change. "What do you think of Daniel?"

Damian tilted his head thinking about his answer. "I think he is like a bit like Grayson, thoughtful and considerate, but also a bit like Todd he's snarky and sarcastic and sometimes has a dark sense of humor." "He's also far more intelligent than his grades imply." "It's hard to tell from one meeting, but I would say he's nothing like his biological parents, no one is that good of an actor."

Bruce nods and says "I agree, Danny seems like a typical teen, maybe going through a rebellious phase." "We have meetings schedule with the Fenton's for the rest of the week, we can observe him more then." "Tomorrow night we are going to see if we can find Phantom and question him about what happened, and about some of the other things I have found." "Get some rest, it's going to be a another long day."

The next day the duo went back to the Fenton's and payed attention to what the parents actually had to say about ghost. Bruce wasn't sure how he felt about saying an entire 'race' of sentient beings were evil. He was well aware some people had problems with the Justice League because of the Aliens and Meta humans on the team. He found a way to ask about Phantom and his known powers. The Fentons were only too happy to rant about the 'ghost boy.' He can move through solid objects, may have to get a containment device. Bruce found a way to ask about that as well. He gave the Fentons an odd look when they showed him a familiar looking thermos. They gave him one, and another device that would put up a shield around a room that would in theory keep a ghost from being able to leave. He thanked them and promised to use them for his 'research.' If these work I may have to fund their research and see about outfitting the League with some of their tech. It wasn't long before the younger Fentons were coming home from school. Bruce was introduced to the older child, a bright young woman by the name of Jazz. Bruce knew from her records that she was brilliant and well on her way to being admitted into almost any college she wanted.

Danny went about the kitchen making a simple noodle dish, we he offered to everyone. It was meat free so Damian even had some. The kids went to the living area to eat and do homework. Damian went with them. They had agreed the night before that Damian would try to get information from the younger members of the family while Bruce kept the adults occupied. An hour later and Bruce decided to call it a day. He and Damian had a ghost to catch after all.

Our hero's waited most of the night for a sighting of Phantom. It wasn't until 4:30 am that another ghost showed up, Phantom not for behind. The older looking ghost strangely enough appeared in a warehouse and started terrorizing the workers with boxes. The duo stayed back and waited because according to their research Phantom would show up soon and take care of the ghost. No one was getting hurt so far, as a matter of fact the workers looked resigned as though this had happened before. They slowly made their way out of the warehouse one muttering about a smoke break. Sure enough not long after the first ghost showed up they could here a young voice say "you know what Boxy I almost got a full night of sleep, you know I have school in a few hours right?"

Phantom floated through the roof, and levitated a few feet off the ground with his arms crossed. The first ghost started shouting all the while throwing boxes at the younger, telekinetically. Phantom simply let the boxes go straight through him, then pulled out a thermos (I knew it, that is a Fenton thermos.) Batman filed that information away for later. Phantom sucked the older ghost into the thermos, then turned to leave.

As he was about to leave Batman stepped out of the shadows and says "Phantom wait." Phantom stops and looks around until he spotted the Dark Knight.

He tilts his head and says "Batman?" "What are you doing here?" He floated closer to the ceiling as he asked.

Batman shifts and say "I want to ask you a few questions."

Phantom looks around nervously and rubs the back of his neck and says slowly "Okay, but whatever you have heard about me probably isn't true." "I mean the media tends to get things wrong." Batman gives him a flat stare until the kid starts fidgeting.

"What about the being I saw you behead the last night?"

Phantom looks at him in shock and says "wait, what?" "I didn't.....I don't hurt people or even other ghost I catch them, then put them back into the Zone!" "Wait last night I fought Skulker......No! that wasn't what it looked like!"

Robin steps to his side at that moment and says softly "ghost shield is in place." Batman gives a small nod to show he heard him. Then looked back at Phantom. He realized he must have heard Robin too because he has a look of panic on his face and tries to fly through the ceiling just to come crashing down. Heightened senses. Something else to file away for later.

Batman steps toward him and says "Phantom calm down, we just want to ask questions."

Phantom practically snarls at him and says "yeah, I believed that until you trapped me in here!" "Are you going to give me the the Guys in White?" "Is that why you're here?"

The kid was trying to hide it but Bruce could tell he was terrified. He looks around quickly and seems to spot something. He forms what looks like green energy in his hands and shoots it toward Batman and Robin. They both jump back out of the way to see Phantom dive for a corner of the warehouse, a flash of light then silence. They make their way to the corner to find an open emergency door and Phantom gone. Batman looks over at Robin and says "we will try to talk to him again, if we can't get any answers we may have to get the League involved. For now, we will do research on what we did learn. Bruce had a feeling this wasn't going to be easy.