Pain

Batman shouted out a warning, but Phantom had already turned, so that Robin was shielded and took the brunt of the attack. He let out a scream of pain, but held on to Robin until they were back on the ground. Batman noticed two men in all white suits come out of the shadows with what looked like a wolf walking on two legs, with ripped pants. He had a green tint and the same odd glow Phantom gave off. His eyes though, where blood red and he had a collar around his neck, with a leash attached,that one of agents was holding.

 One of the men unhooked the leash and looked at the creature and said with a vicious grin "get him." 

Phantom looked over at the other creature and backed away as it lunged at him. He cried out "wulf!" "What are you doing!" The wolf like creature landed on the kid and they rolled until the kid was on top, the creature snapping at him viciously the whole time. Phantom's eyes light up a light blue color and the creatures hand and feet are frozen to the ground. 

The idiots in white had already started power up their weapons when Batman made his move. He beat the fools into bloody pulps before they even had a chance to realize who they had wronged. 

"Robin!" The dark knight barked out "status!" 

A young surly voice called out "I'm okay." 

He made his way over to Phantom and the creature that had gone quiet when the guys in white had been incapacitated. He gave Phantom a questioning look.

Phantom shakes his head and says quietly "He wouldn't have attacked me of his on free will." "It has to be this collar on his neck."

Batman made his way back over to the agents on the ground and searched their pockets. He found the remote and hit the release button. The collar immediately fell to ground and Phantom released the creature from his icy restraints. The creature stood and started licking Phantom's face and speaking in Esperanto. 

The hero knew enough of the  language to know the creature was saying "I'm sorry cub" over and over.

Batman felt it as Robin stepped to his side and leaned toward him. 

Phantom gave a few reassurances and a good bye pat to Wulf as he used his claws to make his way back to the GZ, to recuperate and heal. He explained to Danny that he had been captured by the GIW and experimented on for a long time. Wulf wasn't sure how long it had been, after awhile his days just blended together.

Batman and Robin watched fascinated as Wulf used his claws to rip through to the Ghost Zone and jump through. 

Phantom turned toward the duo and stumbled, collapsing to his knees with a hiss of pain. Batman strode forward and helped the young hero to his feet. Phantom explained to the pair what Wulf had told him. About the collar and the experiments and how the agency had been trying to capture him and do the same. 

The hero's were understandably upset by the information.

Batman nodded and looked at Phantom "we need to get your wound looked at and do some research into this agency, They will not be allowed to continue with their experiments they're inhumane." "This will not be allowed to continue."

Phantom looked up at Batman luminous green eyes hopeful but weary and shook his head. "I can't go to a hospital." Besides I heal fast." 

Batman looks back at the young halfa "I wasn't talking about a hospital, I have somewhere else in mind that is used to dealing with supers." "You took that hit so Robin wouldn't be hurt, it would make me feel better if you had it looked at no matter how fast you heal, and I want as much information on this agency that I can get." "I want to shut them down." "What there doing isn't right." 

Phantom chewed on his lip for a moment, then finally asks "How long will we be gone?" "I have to be back soon to protect my town."

Batman nodded in understanding. "We'll have you back first thing in the morning." "Now how do feel about space?"

A/N: I'm back. Thanks for the well wishes and patience. I have been through a lot these last few months. My Dad passed as well, we had to move, then my Grandpa passed. It's been hard guys. Then my friends cousin died. He was 24. He did some hard core drugs  that caused brain damage and seizures. He had a seizure while alone and died, on a dirty floor in some shitty trailer, he's just gone at 24. 24 years old you guys. He should have had his whole life ahead of him. Found a girl or guy, I don't judge. He should have been able to go to college had a life. I just...... Don't do drugs outcast. Be weird. Be whatever you want. Be whoever you want to be and be happy, but for the love of everything don't do drugs. It's not worth it.

I'll try to update as often as possible but no promises. I'm just so lost right now.... Missed you guys though.