chapter twenty-three.

After a 10 hour flight, several naps, and many many intense games of Mario Kart (Mario Kart with more than 8 people was absolute chaos, they discovered), the plane was finally in Australia. It was decided that Rae, Christopher and Felix would go through immigration first since they had Australian passports.

Once that fiasco was finished, everyone poured into the four rentals and headed towards the rental homes. Yoongi and Christopher managed to find two houses right next to each other on the beach with a beautiful view. All Rae wanted to do was throw herself in the sand and then surf until she couldn't feel her legs, but she had on winter clothes and it was hot in Sydney.

"I call dibs on the master!" Rae shouted, running up to find it and leaving her suitcase in the entryway. It took no time at all for her to find it, seeing as it was the only room with double doors. When she opened the doors she ran onto the bed and collapsed with a sigh.

"I get the master, the rest of you go play a game or something for the rest of the rooms." Yoongi said in the doorway, promptly putting his things down while wheeling in Rae's suitcase and his.

"Yah - why does he get to decide like that?!" Jin complained, pouting as he watched Yoongi lay next to Rae and start to cuddle.

"He did all the work to plan the trip out with Chris. Let him have the master and the girl." Namjoon said, dragging his hyung away. Rae let out giggles as they gave each other the finger, Yoongi planting a kiss on Rae's cheek.

"Are you happy?" he asked her.

"Yes! So happy! This place is absolutely beautiful Yoon, it's more than I could have ever dreamed of." she said to him happily.

"Good. I know you want to go down to the water, go change up and we can go." Rae nodded, jumping up and digging through her luggage to find her bathing suit, a nice lilac two piece that she threw a slip over. Putting her hair up in a ponytail, she found her sandals and walked downstairs, seeing the others who were ready waiting for her. Jungkook, Taehyung and Jimin were the ready ones, Yoongi not far behind.

"I can already see some of the others going down. Let's go!" Jungkook said, taking Rae's hand and darting out the door. With a laugh they both ran down to the water, next to a blanket that Hyunjin and Minho were laying out.

"Little Chan - you need to get up on a board! Jisung thinks he stands a chance against you!" Changbin said, coming back over with a surfboard and a wetsuit. Christopher and Jisung were not far behind, and Felix was making his way over to the rental station now.

"You also said you'd teach me how to surf! Let's go!" Jungkook said. Rae nodded as they walked over to the rental station, meeting Felix.

"You ready to knock Jisung off his high horse?" Felix asked with a laugh, thanking the attendant as he was given his wetsuit and told to choose a board.

"Absolutely. I'll get set up for the both of us, Kook." she said to him, knowing he was not as comfortable in English as she is being a fluent speaker. "Hi, can we have two rentals? A medium for me and an extra-large for him." she said to the attendant.

"Of course. What size boards?"

"Two standards - but one set up for a beginner. He's never surfed before."

"You got it." Minutes later, they were walking back to the rest of their group holding their wetsuits and surfboards. The rest of both groups had now joined them - Taehyung and Jimin already in the water and Hoseok recording them from the shore. Rae let out a cackle seeing Changbin and Jisung struggling to get into their suits as her brother watched with an amused expression on his face.