chapter twenty-seven

After the tweet was posted, instantly Rae's phone had started blowing up. She turned off notifications for all her social media until the hype died down - which was a hopeful thought, she knew. Thankfully, for the initial brunt of the news they were all on a plane back to Korea. A statement had been released saying that HYBE was taking action against Jason Bang for trying to blackmail Rae almost immediately after the picture had gone out.

ARMY, just as Rae guessed, were incredibly supportive and over the moon. Of course there were hate comments, but the love that she felt from them took over that. Plus, it helped that she was ARMY herself. Magazines and news outlets were dying to get the full story, but they shot them all down. Not only was it about to be finals week for Rae, but it didn't feel right to get money for their story.

"I say we just do a live and let her say her part." Yoongi shrugged one afternoon. All 8 of them were sitting in their living room, Rae on the floor with her laptop open and various notes and printouts scattered around with Holly sitting on her lap - much to Yeontan's dismay.

"Actually, that isn't a half bad idea, hyung." Namjoon said.

"You know, I do tend to have good ideas."

"Sure you do." Rae muttered.

"Oh, you are lucky you need to study for your exams, pretty girl..." Yoongi said. It was decided after that on Thursday - the day Rae's exams would finally be done - they would do a live in their home. Taehyung and Jimin went on about how they now had to decorate for Christmas for ARMY, and Rae's eyes lit up at the thought of their first Christmas together.

"This is so exciting!" Jungkook jumped as Hoseok got the camera ready. Thankfully, it was on a mobile tripod so they'd be able to move it around. Rae was getting hot chocolate for everyone with the help of Namjoon while Jungkook and Jimin sat in front of the camera.

"It started." Hoseok said from behind.

"It did?! Oh yeah - hi ARMY!" Jimin said happily, waving.

"Don't drop it, Joon! You'll burn yourself!" Rae said, watching Namjoon stumble slightly. Jin let out a laugh from the hallway, bringing in the Christmas lights that he and Yoongi would be hanging.

"Sorry, sorry. That one can be mine."

"Is that hot chocolate?!" Jungkook asked, jumping up.

"Yeah - I made it using Felix's recipe. I hope it came out okay." she said, walking next to Jungkook. She stayed out of frame for now, suddenly extremely shy about the whole thing. Hoseok laughed, seeing her go red as Jimin and Jungkook tried to keep up with comments.

"Aish - you better not expect to sit there the entire time, you two! This was your idea! ARMY - tell them that they have to help us!" Jin called.

"What?! It was all Jiminie and Tae!" Jungkook complained.

"Yoon needs your height, Kook. He can't reach the banisters to hang the lights." Rae said. With that, all 6 of her soulmates busted out laughing and she was able to see the laughing emojis flood in. Yoongi on the other hand, was not pleased. He started to jog towards her and she ran from him, letting out a yell when he caught her. The dogs started barking at the commotion too, causing Rae to laugh. "I'm sorry!"

"You're on thin ice, you hear me?" he asked. Rae nodded as he pecked her lips for good measure, helping her get back on her feet. "You're supposed to be over there, you know. Jungkook, get up and let her sit." the maknae groaned as he stood up, Rae slowly walking over.

"You nervous, beautiful?" Jimin asked.

"Don't tease, Jimin! ARMY, we wanted our Rae to tell you how she met us herself. But she's a little nervous." Hoseok said.