chapter twenty-five.

It had been two days since the incident at the store. Everyone was doing the best they could to keep Rae's spirits up, bending to every will she wanted to make her happy. Her soulmates were being so patient with her, making sure to show her how much they loved her at every moment of the day. It was almost starting to be like it never happened, but deep down they knew they were just waiting for the pin to drop.

It was Rae and Christopher's mothers birthday today, and it was raining out today, so the group were trying to find something indoors for them all to do before dinner tonight. The plan was to go over their Aunt's for dinner, and then visit the cemetery. In the meantime, Rae had decided that she was going to take the time to catch up on her studies and respond to some emails from HYBE. As she was clicking back and forth, she saw an email and felt the panic rise up her throat.

"Baby?" Jungkook asked, sensing her panic.

Rae couldn't hear him as she clicked on the email, from Jason Bang.

From: Bang Jason

To: Bang Rae Lee

SUBJECT: Soulmates

Daughter,

I bet you think you're set now, with your world famous soulmates. All seven members of BTS? You'll never have to work again in your life, you'll always have them to support you.

Like a spoiled little brat. You think that you're untouchable, with your brother and your soulmates, but little do you know...

I attached a picture of you and that soulmate of yours - with a clear image of your marks. You have 24 hours to send me the money that you got from your mother when she died, plus the money that you took from me when you moved away. If you don't send it, that picture goes out to the news.

I'm sure you don't want to be the downfall of BTS.

24 hours.

"HYUNG!" Jungkook shouted, putting Rae's laptop on the table and taking her into his arms. She was doing her best to breathe normally, but it wasn't working. There was a hoard of footsteps.

"What the hell happened?!" Yoongi asked, going on his knees in front of Rae.

"Email! Look!" was all Jungkook was able to say as he cradled Rae in his arms. Yoongi and Namjoon read the email, letting out curses as Hoseok read the email out loud for everyone else to hear.

"Shit - get Chris over here! Hyung, you call Sejin and I'll call Bang PD!" Namjoon ordered, watching as Taehyung flew to his feet to dash to the house across the way. Namjoon and Yoongi left the room with their phones in their hands as Hoseok went down on his knees in front of his littlest soulmate.

"It's going to be okay, cutie." Hoseok said to her, trying to comfort her.

"No it isn't, Hobi! He's going to expose us all and it will ruin your careers if we don't give him the money!" She shouted out, tears falling down her face that Jungkook was trying to wipe.

"He isn't getting a fucking cent out of you, beautiful. Don't even think about it!" Jimin said, angry.

"It's the easiest way! Think about your careers!"

"I don't give a fuck about my career right now, and I know they don't either! We give a fuck about you, and getting this asshole as far away from you as we can!" Jimin shouted.

"I am not worth your career, Jimin! You've all worked so hard - and then I had to come along and ruin everything - "

"Don't say that, cutie." Hoseok told her.