~3~

(A/N: Most Batman fans probably know who Ace the Bat Hound is, but for those who don't, I'll give a little back ground. Ace grew up in an illegal dog fighting club where he was treated terribly to make him vicious, but before his first fight, the guy who ran the fighting club got busted by the GCPD and Ace escaped, lived on the streets for a while until he saved Bruce from being mugged, seeing his potential, Bruce took him home. That's all, enjoy.)

"Are you sure this is the right decision sir?" Alfred enquired.

"I'm well aware of the risk Alfred." Batman assured. "But with the proper training, he could be a valuable asset."

"Well he certainly has no issue with virility when it comes aggression." Alfred commented, stretching out his sore arm, even with the bite proof suit on Ace really did a number on him.

"Which is why I don't want him anywhere Lily until he can be completely trusted."  

"That's gonna be kinda hard because he's about to go into Lily's room." Robin pointed to the monitors and Ace was indeed about to enter little Lily room.

Alfred and Robin had never seen Batman run so fast.

{In the manor}

Ace was wandering around the upstairs part of the mansion, when he heard a weird noise coming from the room in front of him, he went in and saw something moving in a cradle in the room.

Lily was was crying when Ace poked his head into the cradle, she went quiet, noticing him looking at her.

Ace tilted his head slightly in confusion, what was this tiny thing?

Lily copied his head tilt, Ace shifted his snout closer to sniff her, it tickled her and she sneezed right on his face.

He flinched back and gave her a low growl, showing his sharp teeth, Lily stared blankly, then giggled and clapped her hands, Ace was not expecting that.

He leaned in closer again and he let her little hands stroke his head, it felt... nice, until she grabbed his ear, he flinched back again and put his paw on her, she caught it before it touched her and she giggled again squishing his toe beans.

This tiny human was so helpless, it didn't have any claws or fangs, Ace guessed he'll have to protect her from now on.

Lily got tired and fell asleep again, Ace brought her blanket up with his mouth to keep her warm, then he circled her and lay down.

Batman got there just as he did with a light pant, but all he saw was Lily, fast asleep in her cradle and Ace curled up right next to her, he was her new protector.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

{Meeting the Justice League}

We all know Batman isn't an idiot, he knew the justice league was no place for a baby, but recently, he had become very attached to Lily and he her, he'd started to get separation anxiety whenever he left, obviously he'd never admit it, but on this particular day, he brought her along.

But much like the team, the league absolutely adored her.

"You are the most precious thing I've ever seen." Superman beamed, holding Lily, she cooed happily.

"Let me hold her." Flash scooped Lily out of Superman's arms with her speed.

"Flash!" Superman said in an annoyed tone.

"You held her long enough, besides I think she wants some time with her Uncle Flash." Flash pulled funny faces, making her laugh. "Little cutie." He smiled.

"My turn." Plastic Man stretched over.

"She's not a plaything you two." Batman reprimanded, sending them his signature glare.

"And you don't exactly strike as the parental type." Wonder Woman remarked.

Plastic Man gasped dramatically.

"I'll have you know I am very paternal, look." Plastic Man took Lily, shape-shifted into a rocking cradle and rocked her gently.

A minute later, Lily started crying.

"Ok, maybe not." He smiled awkwardly.

"She's just hungry." Batman pointed out.

"Oh, right." Plastic Man changed back, stretched his arm into her bag for her bottle.

He gave it to her and she slapped his hand away, she was perfectly capable of holding her own milk.

"Oooo, feisty, just like your daddy." The others just barely sniffled a giggle

Lily finished her milk, she started squirming and looked like she was try to push something out.

"Awww, you trying to make funny faces kiddo?" Plastic Man blew up his head to make big and stuck his tongue out.

"Oh for Hera's sake, give her here." Wonder Woman took Lily, patted her back and she let out a tiny (LARGE) burp.

"See, that's all she needed." Wonder Woman smiled warmly.

Green Lantern sniffed, then covered his nose.

"That's not all she needs." Everyone else sniffed the air and their faces scrunched from the smell.

"I think I hear a bank being robbed." Superman flew off.

"Would you look a that, the guardians are calling." Green Lantern left.

"I think I left my oven on." Flash zoomed off.

"I think I left his oven on too." Plastic Man stretched away.

Batman looked at Wonder Woman.

"No." She gave Lily back to him and left.

Batman sighed and looked down at his daughter, who was looking quite happy with herself.