~9~

{Big Day}
At the Hall of Justice, the league was wrapping up yet another meeting.

"Alright that wraps everything up, we'll meet here tomorrow, same time, same place." Superman concluded.

"I won't be here." Batman spoke up.

"Why?" Wonder Woman enquired.

"Yeah if I can be here, you can be here."

"Dude, it takes you 3 seconds to get here and back." Green Lantern Hal pointed out to the Flash.

"2 at most, but point taken."

"Tomorrow is Lily's first day of school."

"What?!" Nearly all the leaguers exclaimed.

"Why are we just hearing about this now?" Green Arrow asked.

"She's starting school already? Wow, where'd the time go?"

"Yes, seems only yesterday she was crawling on floor, chewing on Superman's cape." Aquaman reminisced.

"Wait what?" Superman raised an eyebrow.

"She always did that when you weren't looking." Martian Manhunter said, drawing snickers from the others, Superman's face went blank, that explains why the corners of his cape was always soggy.

"Are you gonna join the PTA? Please tell me you're joining the PTA." Flash cleared his throat, putting two fingers behind his head, to imitate Batman's ears.

"I'm Batman, we need more chaperones for homecoming, who has to be convinced to sign up?" He made his voice deeper and more intimidating, he chuckled, breaking character.

Batman gave Flash him a good ol' fashioned bat glare in response.

Flash cleared his throat again, this time nervously.
"I'm just joking, I think that's great." He sat down and hid his face behind a piece of paper.

"Is he still glaring at me?" He asked Green Lantern, he didn't need to answer.

Batman gave a small grunt.
—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Lily sprung awake and hopped out of bed.

"First day of SCHOOL!!!" She squealed and opened her curtains, letting the morning sun in.

She skipped down the stairs, through the halls and past the paintings.

"Morning Grandma, morning Grandpa." She greeted.

She made it to the kitchen where Alfred was cooking and Bruce and Tim were eating breakfast.

She gave both of them a morning kiss on the cheek.

"Someone's excited." Tim said with grin.

"It's the first day of school Timmy!" Lily replied with a mouthful of cereal.

"Oh yeah, new things to learn, new friends to make and clubs to join, they might even have a gardening club." Lily's eyes went starry at that last part.

"Master Bruce was the head of the tennis club when he was in school." Alfred said.

"Not now though, tennis is more of a young man's game." Bruce reminisced.

"I think you look great for your age dad." Lily complimented.

"Thank you honey." Bruce then paused. "Wait, how old do you think I am?"