~19~

{Working out the bugs}

It was Halloween!!! The one night of the year you could go around scaring people and not be branded a psycho.

But Lily wasn't really in the mood for celebrating, and the others could see it, they knew what happened in her garden with Victor, but this was a whole other level of being down. She wasn't putting up any decorations, or putting on her costume, she hadn't even touched her Jack o Lantern.

And well, Tim was not gonna have any of it.

"Lily, come it's time to go trick-or-treating." He peeked into Lily's room, she was sitting on her windowsill.

"I don't really wanna go anymore Timmy..." She replied sadly.

"Come on sis, we always go trick-or-treating."

"Well I'm not feeling it this year." She snapped in a less patient tone.

Tim came in with a bowl full of cute ghost marshmallows.
"At least eat something, you haven't had anything all day." Lily gave no reply, so that's how she wants to play?

"Fine, more for me then." There was about ten seconds of silence, then more talking from Tim, but it sounded really muffled.

Lily turned to face him and saw that Tim had stuffed his face with the entire bowl of marshmallows.

"Tim! Those are jumbo sized marshmallows, how did you do that so fast!?" She was simultaneously concerned and impressed.

The following muffled noises coming from Tim's mouth was enough to make Lily lose it.

Tim ended up getting a marshmallow stuck in his throat and Lily had to heimlich him.

"Why would you stuff all of those in your mouth at once?" She said with a chuckle.

"Well it got you to smile, so I think it was worth the chocking hazard."

"But given your line of work, don't you think it'd would be a little anticlimactic? The boy wonder dies at the hands of mushy ghost goodness."

The two shared a laugh.

"Thanks Timmy." Lily hugged him, Tim returned it.

A sudden chill went down Lily spine and her expression became serious.

"Lily? What's wrong?" Tim enquired.

"Something's wrong, I need to get to Conner and M'gann's house, right now!" Without further explanation, Lily rushed out the room, but quickly grabbed some the few marshmallows that didn't end up in her big brother's mouth or on the floor.

At Happy Harbor, Violet hid herself in the bathroom, Fatherbox went haywire and took over Victor again, but Violet wasn't able to use her powers so she ran.

She was trying to get her breathing under control when she heard the door in the hallway creak open.

"Come out, come out, wherever you are." Fatherbox's voice made her shudder.

A robotic hand crashed through bathroom door and unlocked it, Victor entered and saw nobody there, that was until he pulled back the shower curtain and found her cowering in the tub.

He found her, this was it, t was over.

"Hey! Gear for brains!" He turned and Lily blew the glowing pollen in his face.

Fartherbox only chuckled deeply as the pollen still swirled around him.

"Do you really think you're little light show can stop me child?"