~20~

{Sacrifice}

Lily got up groggily, her visions finally cleared and she saw that she was in a red force field on what looked like an evil alien war ship, where was she?

The last thing she remembered was helping out an old lady and-

"Ah, your finally awake." a voice pulled her out of her thinking, she turned and saw Granny Goodness, but she didn't have the same kind and sweet demeanor she had in public, she was wearing Apokoliptic armor.

Was she working for Darkseid?

"W-where am I?" Lily asked, Granny grinned.

"Why this is my orphanage dear, this where I discipline naughty children and shape them into loyal followers of Darkseid."

"So she is with Darkseid." Lily thought, she heard about Darkseid from Batman and she definitely didn't want to meet him.

"So are you going to do, you gonna turn me into a mindless puppet?"

"Oh no, no, no. Well, not yet anyway." Granny answered. "I take it you are aware of the Anti Life Equation."

Lily nodded.

"Well my dear little flower, we have finally perfected it, but with a bit of help from someone you know." Granny stepped aside showing Violet standing right there with some sort of device over her eyes.

"Violet! What did you do to her?!"

"She's been fixed, and is now a well behaved child, just like how every living being in the universe will be, and you'll get to see it, you should feel honored."

"What are you talking about?"

"You see, you represent everything Lord Darkseid despises, you are a beacon of hope and joy that inspire others, in other words, unacceptable and chaotic life."

"It's called having free will and the ability to choose for yourself, and Darkseid is a moron if he can't see that himself."

Pain tore through Lily as the force field containing her lit up with sparks, she screamed as her legs buckled and she fell to her knees, when it finally stopped all she heard was Granny tutting

"Such unruly behavior, that is no way to talk about your future master, but I'll have to punish you later, I believe the rest of your friends are here, how about another scream to welcome them."

"You're not getting anything from me you wrinkly, two-faced windbag."

"Oh dear, please pardon me, I made it sound like I was asking." Granny smiled maliciously. "Overlord, maximum power."

Larger streams of electricity erupted from the force field, forcing a much louder scream out of Lily, one that the entire team could hear.

"Lily!" Nightwing exclaimed, the rage inside him building, if finds so much as a scratch on her, Granny is dead.

"Nightwing, we will get her back but right now we need to finding the others." Kaldur assured.

The group consisting of the original team members continued to fight through the hoards of Parademons

Back with Lily, she saw Geo-force, Terra and Forager enter from below.

"First the elders, now the children." Granny chuckled and turned to her and Violet. "Oh my dears, your friends certainly make things easier by coming to us."

Before any of the young heroes could act, they were apprehended and restrained by Manhunter, Superman and the other league members.

"Superman Stop! What are you doing?!" Lily exclaimed, pounding on her prison why Granny cackled.