~5~

{First Steps}
The team had just had just returned from a rough mission, Robin was playing with Lily, while M'gann was bandaging up Conner, he may be indestructible, but that doesn't mean he couldn't get hurt.

"Stop squirming." M'gann said playfully.

"You are so making this up to me later." They both chuckled.

"Hey, love birds." Robin called them. "Look at this."

They both looked and their eyes widened, Lily was standing up on her own, she was taking her first steps!

"I don't believe it." Wally murmured.

Lily steadily took one step after another, Robin not far from her, arms out ready just in case he needs to catch her.

"Come here you, come on, come to Uncle Wally." Wally beamed.

"No, you don't want him, you want your Auntie Megan." M'gann nudged Wally out the way. 

Lily chose to waddle over to Red Tornado and clung to his metal leg, if his robotic face could, it would smile.

"Good job young one, keep practicing." He redirected Lily back to the others.

She waddled back to Robin, but tripped and fell forward, everyone froze.

"Oh no." Wally said, already knowing what was coming.

Lily burst into loud crying, Robin picked her up and tried to comfort her, but it didn't do much to help, in fact, nothing the others did really helped, all except Kaldur, who used his powers to make shapes of fish and other sea creatures out of water.

Lily stopped crying and clapped happily with giggles, Robin set her down to let her play with the watery constructs.

"Something tells me she's gonna want you to do bath time with her." Artemis said to Kaldur, he chuckled as Lily played with the little water dolphins.

{First Words}

Up above the Earth, in The Watchtower, all the members were there, debating on who should be inducted into the league as new members.

"Maybe it's time we all talked about the elephant in the room." Flash stated. "Should Captain Marvel stay a member? Now that we know he's only 10 years old."

"He does posses an adult body and the wisdom of Solomon." Red Tornado pointed out.

"Wisdom does not equal maturity." Aquaman countered.

"Hey I'm sitting right here." Captain Marvel said, slightly offended.

"Then Billy maybe you should leave, until we've hashed this out." Black Canary suggested.

"No. Captain Marvel is a member and is entitled to participate until or unless he's voted out." Batman chimed in.

"It's not just his age, it's the fact that he lied about it." Wonder Women proclaimed.

"I didn't lie, exactly, I just left out the part about being a kid." Captain Marvel explained.

"A lie of admission is still a lie, you kept an important secret from us, no one in the league knew the truth."

"I did." Batman said.

"I shouldn't be surprised, since you indoctrinated Robin into crime fighting at the ripe old age of nine." Wonder Woman retorted,  as if she didn't come from a society who started training her from a much younger age.