~10~

{New friend from the future}

"Warning! Unknown energy impulse detected." The Mount Justice computer announced as an orb of light an electricity appeared in front of Nightwing, Robin and Beast Boy.

They all stood back as something began materialised inside the orb, it looked like some sort of machine. All the electricity zipping around ceased and the landed with a loud thud, the latches on the door made an unlocking sound.

"Stand ready." Nightwing instructed, the other readied themselves for whatever might come out of the contraption.

The latch opened and a guy with brown hair, in a white and red body suit with yellow goggles hopped out, he looked like a speedster.

"Ta-da!" He exclaimed.

"Intruder Alert! Intruder Alert!"

"Computer, lockdown cave." Nightwing ordered.

"Well, I think we found our unknown energy impulse." Beast Boy noted.

"Impulse? That's so crash! Catchy, dramatic, one word." The intruder zoomed over to the group. "Like Nightwing, and Robin and Beast Boy, except, that's two words, Blue Beetle's two words, Hey is he here too?" He ran off, down the hallway.

"Never mind, Impulse can find that out for himself!" He chuckled.

"You two, take him down, now!" Beast Boy turned into a cheetah and ran with Robin after "Impulse".

"We're crash?" Nightwing muttered, slightly confused at the slang.

Impulse found his way to the showers.
"Woah, old-style faucets, so retro." He used his speed to turn on all of the shower heads and left just as Beast Boy arrived.

He was sent sliding across the room and hit his head on the wet wall.

Robin managed to catch up with Impulse, he ran straight at him and Robin readied his staff to swing at him, but Impulse bent over backwards to dodge it.

"Limbo time!" He said, as he zipped off again, only leaving behind a gust of wind that blew a bunch of papers into Robin's face.

Lily was in her room, playing quietly with her horse dolls, when she heard the door open.

"No way!" Impulse sped over excitedly. "I can't believe it! Little baby Wildflower!"

"What the-"

"Wow, you're a lot smaller then I'd thought you'd be. Anyway, can't stay gotta run, bye."

Lily paused trying to process what just happened.

"Wildflower...? Wait did he just call me small?!"

Impulse saw the marbles that had been tossed on the floor probably to make him lose his balance, he grinned as he simply went from the floor to the wall to dodge them.

"Ha-ha! Can't catch me that eas-" Nightwing rammed him and cuffed his hands and feet.

Impulse groaned in discomfort.

"Now that was crash."

"For you maybe." Impulse remarked. "Me, I'm totally feeling the mode."

He got hit by a frog plushie on the head, it gave a small squeak as it impacted.

"That's for calling me small!" Lily frowned with her cheeks puffing out.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————