You can't turn back time

(A/N: This was an idea I've had for ages, I tried breaking it into parts but it didn't feel right, so here's the whole thing, enjoy.)

"Give it up Chronos!" Batman exclaimed, him and Robin giving chase to the villain.

"As if Bat brain, there's no way you're gonna catch me!"
Chronos, the man who was able to travel through time, cackled maniacally as he hopped from building to building.

His brief fantasy of escaping was cut short, when he was tripped and wrapped up in vines.

"You were saying?" Wildflower taunted, smirking with crossed arms.

"Good work Wildflower." Said Batman as he and Robin caught up to them.

"You know for a guy with time powers, this was surprisingly easy." Robin noted.

"The only things to do is either wait for the police to come or drop him off at the station in a pretty bow." A small chuckle came from below them, Chronos' laughter quickly escalated to a full on manic laugh.

"Well that's not very reassuring." Lily stated plainly.

"Even after all these years, you're still as dumb as you look." Chronos' grin was so wide it would magic the Joker jealous. "Do you really think I'd just be out here getting caught for the hell of it? I wanted you all to be here."

All three heroes had to jump back as a green swirling portal appeared in front of them and Chronos broke free of his bindings.

"Say goodbye to your pride and joy Batsy." Batman barrelled forward, flinging a baterang at him, but Chronos entered the portal and it closed before it could reach her.

"Dammit! He got a way!" Batman growled in mild frustration, what did he mean by pride and joy.

"Batman?" He turned back to Robin and his eyes widened in horror.

Lily looked down at her hand they were becoming transparent, In fact her whole body was becoming transparent, she was disappearing.

"W-what's happening?!" She said with a panicked voice.

No. No not her.
Batman ran forward, but past straight through her.

"Lily!"

"Timmy! Daddy!" She reached her hand out to them, Batman doing the same, but before their hands could even touch, Lily disappeared entirely, like she was never there.

Bruce and Tim just stood there, staring at the spot were she once was, Tim brought his hand to his mouth with wet cheeks, Bruce was silent, deathly silent even for him, all he heard was the audible ringing, just barely registering Oracles voice over the com.

"Batman? Batman what's going on? I'm not getting any readings on Wildflower."

His expression didn't change a fraction as his hand shakily reach for his ear.
————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

Batman sat a his computer, his tired eyes scanning over every satellite image inch of Gotham, he had to find her, he had to.

"He hasn't eaten or slept in days has he?" Superman asked Alfred.

"No sir, and I'm afraid we've all been much the same, Oracle has been scouring the web for any trace of her, even Ace has been affected by Lily's disappearance."

Upstairs, Ace was curled up on Lily's bed, whimpering.

"Don't get me wrong, we're all worried and want to find her, but you don't think she was... erased completely?"