Chapter 3

As the new day started, Lizzie woke with a smile on her face. For the first time in months, she actually feels at peace. Happy even and it has nothing to do with anyone but being in a different country with plenty of possibilities.

When she had finished with her morning routine, she stood at the back door and looked over the garden. It was well tended to and she couldn't help but admire the neighbour's vegetable garden. It brought a smile to her face because people usually laughed at her for growing her own plants. She found joy that there was someone else who loved to grow their own.

Paul : Hi Liz, I heard you're back in London. Would you like to have lunch sometime when you're free.

She smiled at the text knowing Tom probably couldn't keep his mouth shut.

Liz : Hi, I would love to. I haven't got my schedule for the new movie yet but when I am free I will let you know.

As much as she missed her other friends and family, she missed the friends that she had who lived here. When she had finished with her tea, she decided to make herself some breakfast. She decided to make some blueberry pancakes.

She smiled as she saw all of the fresh vegetables in the fridge. She made a mental note to thank Tom's friend when she finally got a name for him.

She sat in the living room and watch some of the daytime tv that they have here in England. She found the slang and the way they spoke to be intriguing.

She decided on a comedy to pass the time, so she searched for a British comedy and came across Two Pints of Lager and A Packet of Crisps. As the first episode went on, she found herself laughing loudly at the show.

~~

Y/N had started early with opening the restaurant today. He likes to dedicate the first hour for the homeless. He enjoys making sure that they have a fresh meal in their stomachs to start their day.

"Hey Y/N." Joel, one of his regulars asked him. He wore a ragged old jacket and a holey shirt. It was the beginning of the year, so Winter was still here in Britain.

"Hey Joel. Aren't you cold out?" He asked him concern written all over his face.

"Yeah. But I'm used to it." He shrugged as Y/N glared at him. Y/N walked away to his office. He empty the contents of his own coat and carried it through to Joel.

"Here." He told him as he handed him the coat.

"I can't." He denied as Y/N just handed it to him.

"I would rather still see you come in here every morning instead of seeing you dead on my way here." He told Joel who just took the coat. He thanked Y/N who just smiled at him before returning back to the kitchen.

He was shocked when Tom walked in to the kitchen himself.

"Y/N." He said seriously making Y/N laugh.

"What do you need Tom?" He asked him as Tom smirked. He had a couple of Asda bags full. "You didn't?"

"It's just some blankets for them." Tom shrugged as he placed the bags down. "I just figured, it is freezing out and they need to be as warm as possible."

"Thank you." Y/N spoke gratefully. "How is your friend settling in?" He asked as he started to work on tonights menu.

"Liz is loving it." He told his best friend. "She wants to thank you." He said as Y/N just shook his head

"There's no need to thank me." He told Tom. "She is a friend of yours and you said she has had some issues back home."

"Yeah. It's just what she is like." Tom told him. "She's as stubborn as they can be." Y/N chuckled at his remark as he decided to help Tom hand out the blankets before they opened to the public. He made sure they all had a to go cup of tea or coffee. Which ever they preferred to help keep them warm.

"So she is liking it there." He asked Tom nervously as they cleared the tables.

"She loves it." He told him making Y/N smile. He tries his hardest to be a better man. A man that if he were lucky enough to meet the woman of his dreams, would want by her side. To grow old with and raise a family with.

"That's good." He replied as Tom followed him into the kitchen.

"So, how would you like to join Liz and me for dinner?" He asked Y/N who just smiled at his friend.

"I can't. I have this restaurant and the real estate." He told Tom who just nodded with a sad smile.

"Ok man. But please get another chef so you can take time off." He told his friend who just nodded in agreement to shut him up. He knows he won't hire anyone else. He has no reason to. Besides, the restaurant is all he has. It is all his and he managed to make it as popular as it is now.

AN

Another chapter guys. Don't worry, Y/N and Lizzie will meet soon. Please tell me what you think.