Chapter 21

It had worked out well, Y/N flew with Lizzie to LA, she had a few meetings with her team about an upcoming project. He admired her home before he got a cab to her father's house. Knocking on the door as he played with the small box in his hand. It was a struggle to keep it hidden from her, especially since he had it cleaned and resized for her before leaving London.

"Y/N?" David questioned as he answered the door. "What are you doing here?"

"I know we both got off on the wrong foot and I understand you were trying to protect your daughter." He started as David let him inside.

"Do you want a drink?" He asked as Y/N nodded with a polite smile. "I owe you an apology." He said as he handed Y/N the glass of whiskey. "I was quick to make assumptions about you and your reasons. I guess, I was used to her falling for guys who used her for their own gains and I know now that you aren't like that."

"No sir." He shook his head. "I wouldn't dream of using her in any way, I love her so much to put her through all of that pain again." He took a sip of his whiskey. "I understand that my being younger than her is sort of a red flag, but I intend to love her for the rest of my life."

"Y/N." He started as Y/N cut him off.

"I want to give her the family and stability she dreams." He finished as David smiled at him.

"I can see how you love her." He stated. "The way you stood up for yourself the first time we met and that you came all of this way without her knowing." He smirked at the younger man. "But do you have the same dreams and goals for the future as my daughter because she is 33 and she isn't getting any younger."

"I do. I want to be married and to start a family with Lizzie." He told him confidently. "But I wanted to have your blessing before I proposed with my Grandma's ring." He took the ring from his pocket for David to have a look. "I've already had it resized and cleaned for her."

"How did you do that?" He questioned. "Hiding it away from her?"

"Well, when I was at the restaurant and she was at home." He answered. "I also sneakily measured her finger when she was asleep. She is quite the heavy sleeper."

"She always has been." He smiled. "But wnu your Grandma's ring?"

"She was the woman who brought me up, made me into the man I inspire to be." He answered as he took the ring back. "And I figured that such a special ring should be worn by a special woman."

"She would love that." He stated as Y/N nodded with a smile. "Do you have a plan to propose?"

"I was thinking spring, take her on a small break when she is between projects." He answered. "Somewhere nice and secluded where it is just the two of us."

"I'm sure she will say yes wherever or however you choose to propose." David told him. "Just look after her heart, it has been broken before."

"I will." He answered before David shown him to the door.

"I am sorry for how I acted." David said once more.

"It's fine." Y/N told him. "All water under the bridge." The two then bid goodbye before Y/N made their way back to Lizzie's, placing the ring in his bag before she returned home.

"Hi baby." She greeted him with a kiss as he tended to her garden.

"Hi love." He smiled at her. "How was your day?" He listened as she started to tell him about her new project. "So you will be in Texas for months?" He questioned as she nodded.

"I know this is." She started as he shook his head, a smile on his face.

"It's completely fine." He told her, taking her hand in his dirty one. "This is your dream and I can always visit you if you want me to."

"I would like that." She whispered as she kissed him once more. "Maybe we should go out tonight, show you around LA."

"What of we're seen together?" He questioned, more worried about her reaction to be seen by paps.

"Then I will let everyone know that I have found my forever person." She smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Well, let me shower." He kissed the tip of her nose before he headed inside, Lizzie not too far as she jumped on his back, the two giggling as he carried her upstairs to the shower. Excited to see around the place that Lizzie called home.

As the two walked downtown, hand in hand, completely ignoring any stares or flashes. He listened as she told him stories of growing up here.

"Liz." She froze when she heard his voice, her grip tightening on Y/N's hand as he turned his attention to the man holding his ex. "I see you're the next venture." He taunted as Y/N kept Lizzie close to him. "She will only disappoint you." He sneered as he stepped closer. "Trust me, you're better off finding someone better because she doesn't know how to help with a man's needs."

"You're wrong." Y/N told him confidently. "Everything you just said and think of her is completely wrong."

"Let's just go home." Lizzie whispered as Robbie took another step.

"You're the one who is a poor excuse of a man." Y/N told him, keeping Lizzie behind him. "You broke the heart of the kindest soul you will ever meet. You made her doubt herself and afraid to let anyone in."

"You better watch your next words." He growled as Y/N shook his head.

"You don't scare me." Y/N told him confidently. "You didn't scare me when you followed Lizzie to London and you sure as hell don't scare me now." Y/N stared at him, waiting for a response. Robbie just scoffed as he walked away from the two of them. Y/N turned to Lizzie, his hands on her cheeks as he wiped the tears that threatened to fall. "Are you ok?" He asked her as she nodded. "Let's get you home." He told her as he wrapped his arm around her shoulder as she wrapped hers around his waist.

"Thank you for being here with me." She whispered as he sat her down on the sofa, taking off her shoes before looking up into her eyes.

"I'll always be here for you Lizzie." He told her softly. "Even if you are in a different country and you need me, I will fly out to be there for you."

"I love you." She whispered as he sat beside her.

"I love you too." He replied as he opened his arms for her to cuddle into him, kissing her head a couple of times as she felt safe in his arms.

----------------------------------------------------------

AN

Y/N will be proposing soon!!! Please let me know what you think.