Chapter 10

As the time went on, Y/N still went home to sleep in his own bed so Lizzie could have her space. He also started to open up more to her about his childhood.

"So how did you get to own these houses?" Lizzie questioned as he kneaded the dough for his homemade banana bread.

"Well, they originally belonged to mg father." Y/N told her. "But he left them to me when he passed away."

"What was he like?" Lizzie asked him as she poured two glasses of water.

"He wasn't the greatest man." Y/N shrugged. "We never really had much of a loving relationship." Lizzie watched him intently as he spoke. "I won't exactly go into detail of him because I do not like to speak ill of the dead."

"What about your mum?" She asked him.

"Well, she was never really around." He told her honestly. "Like I mentioned, it was my grandparents who raised me. My mother was always flying."

"Was it for work?" Lizzie questioned as he shook his head no.

"She never had to work a day in her life." He informed her. "She went straight from her parents home to being married to my father. But thankfully I am an only child."

"Why thankfully?" She questioned as Y/N put the bread in the oven to bake.

"They weren't the greatest parents." He told her as he turned to face her. "My father's way of parenting was still the old way. He always used to say that a boy should be taught how to be a man before his beard even started to grow."

"I'm so sorry." Lizzie whispered as Y/N shrugged.

"If anything, I am kind of thankful to him. He made me not want to be the man he was." Y/N told her with a gentle smile. "My grandfather shown me the man I am supposed to be. The kind of father I want to be to my own children."

"You are amazing." Lizzie whispered as she wrapped her arms around his neck, while his found their home on her hips. "Do you know that?"

"Maybe I will have to hear it a few times." He smirked as the two leaned in for a soft kiss. Y/N being the one to pull away. Wanting to go at Lizzie's pace.

As the day went on, their online grocery shop arrived. The two putting it away as Lizzie groaned.

"There's no toilet paper." She told him in a frustrated tone.

"I'll go and get some from the restaurant." He told her, kissing her head before grabbing his jacket and face mask.

"Be careful." She told him as he smiled at her before leaving the house. Lizzie hummed the theme tune to Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisp as she finished putting the groceries away before she decided to start on dinner.

Y/N walked to the restaurant as fast as he could. Just as he got near the restaurant, he heard yelling from across the street. Young teens all shouting words of hate to the Asian couple who own a small grocery store across the street.

"Hey!!" He yelled as he jogged across the street. "Go home!!"

"Look. Someone's come to your rescue." One of them sneered.

"Please just leave us alone." Mr Yu asked them politelty. His wife currently on the phone.

"No! Go back to China with the god damn virus you brought." One of them spat at him.

"Hey!! Fucking leave!!" Y/N nudged them away from the store. "Besides they have been here longer than you were a fucking swimmer in your dads ballsack you fucking pleb." Y/N told them. Completely losing his cool at how easily these teens just blamed a couple who have been here longer than Y/N has even been born. Before Y/N could think, one of them pushed him over from behind. Causing him to bang his head on the concrete.

"The police are on their way." Mrs Yu said as she stood behind her husband. The teens all running off as Y/N groaned. Sitting up.

"I only came out for fucking bog roll." He muttered as he reached up to his head. Wincing as he felt the egg forming.

"Here." Mr Yu gave him an ice pack to hold on his head.

"Thank you." Y/N told them as he held the ice to his head.

"No. Thank you." They told him. Mrs Yu bringing out some toilet paper. "Here."

"How much?" Y/N questioned as he slowly got to his feet. Reaching in his pocket for his wallet. The two shook their heads no. "I can't just take it without paying." Y/N told them.

"Yes you can and you will." Mrs Yu told him. "Don't think we don't see what you do over there. Helping the homeless."

"That's just common decency." Y/N shrugged. He sighed knowing he wasn't going to win this. He thanked them before making his way home.

"Hey, I got the toilet roll." Y/N called out when he let himself in.

"Thank you." Lizzie called as she turned to face him. "What happened?"

"Oh it's nothing." Y/N shrugged as he took the toilet roll upstairs to the bathroom.

"Y/N?" Lizzie followed him. "Please tell me the truth." Y/N sighed before explaining to her what had just happened. "You idiot." She pushed him to sit down as she called him all of the names under the sun.

"Here." He handed her some toilet roll which she gave him a confused look. "You got a real potty mouth." He teased her as she just glared trying to hide her smile. Failing miserably as she helped him clean the small cut on his forehead.

AN

Here you go guys. Please let me know what you think.