Chapter 22

The couple were happy to be back in London, after a hectic few days in LA and flights, both Lizzie and Y/N spent a couple of days just relaxing.

"I'm just heading out to meet Tom." Y/N told her as he got dressed.

"He's back in London?" She asked as she peaked her head through the bathroom door.

"Yeah, he came back for his brother's birthday." He told her as he buckled his belt. "He wants my help picking out a gift for him."

"Ok." Lizzie smiled. "What time will you be home?"

"Probably mid afternoon." He told her. "But I can pick up some dinner on my way home."

"Can we get something from your restaurant?" She asked sheepishly.

"Well, I may aswell just cook for you." He smirked as she approached him, her arms wrapping around his waist

"Will you cook for me?" She asked him sweetly as he caressed her cheek.

"I will always cook for you." He kissed her lips softly before she let him go, watching the closed door, only for it to open again. "I love you." He kissed her once more.

"I love you too." She smiled as he soon left, a smile that never left her face as she sat down on the sofa. Her eyes fixated on the TV as she wondered why she wasn't invited. She decided to push her doubts away but she even noticed the moments he wasn't around her. Her doubts soon getting the better of her as she thought about ringing Tom or Y/N himself.

"So, Lizzie doesn't really know why we're meeting up?" Tom questioned as the two went to a secluded table in their usual pub.

"No." He answered as he sipped on his pint. "I want to propose to her, I know we haven't been together as long as most engaged couples but it feels right." He told him. "I know that I want to spend the rest of my life with her."

"When do you plan on doing it?" Tom asked as he sighed, leaning back in his chair.

"On our next date." He answered surely. "I have already got her father's permission and I know that isn't something that happens nowadays. I just wanted him to know that I am in this for life. I want to love and cherish Lizzie for the rest of my life."

"Ok." He nodded. "You have a whole thing with the £20 note you carry around anyway. Maybe a simple dinner, doesn't have to be fancy. Just do it at home even, candelit dinner in a safe place, away from unwanted eyes." Y/N nodded as he listened to the advice Tom was giving him.

"She would love that." Y/N whispered as Tom smiled at him. "I just know that this feels right."

Once the two had went their separate ways, Y/N went to the store to get some ingredients for dinner, deciding on a smoked salmon with a crispy salad. Walking in the house to find Lizzie in the garden, he smiled as he watched her in her own little world.

"Hi my love." He greeted her with a kiss on the cheek. She gave him a tight lipped smile as she turned back to the plants. "I'm going to start on dinner." He told her as she just hummed in acknowledgement. He wondered all the while he cooked, why she was acting distant. As the salmon cooked, he took the note from his wallet and the sharpie from the cutlery draw.

Even all through dinner, she was distant, barely making any conversation. So, he decided he had had enough of the silent treatment.

"What's going on?" He asked her as she looked up at him. "Since I came home, you've been distant, you haven't even said one word to me."

"I just." She took a shaky breath. "Are you seeing someone or multiple someones?" She asked as she had tears in her eyes. "It's just that, on your days off, you have tended to disappear for a couple hours at least. You say you're meeting Tom or Joe and I don't know if that is true, even in LA, you disappeared."

She watched as he went into his wallet, handing her the note as she opened it, finding fresh ink on it.

Will you marry me?

"In LA I visited your dad, I wanted to get his blessing. I know that's old school but I want to be able to do it right, how my grandad taught me." She watched as he stood up, reaching into his pocket, getting on his knees beside her chair. "I wanted to do this on a special occasion because I wanted you to have this special moment. One where it's just yours." He handed her a sharpie. "Lizzie, I am not saying all of this to try and make your doubts and fears disappear, that is something that will probably not happen. But I can reassure you, everyday of the rest of our lives that there isn't another woman for me, because you are my future. I see my future in your beautiful eyes."

She handed him the note back after writing her answer. A smile on her face as her tears flowed freely.

"I want you for the rest of my life." She whispered. "I want to build a family with you." She took a deep breath as he took her hand, slipping the ring on her finger. "I love you, so much."

"I love you so much more." She pulled him up for a loving kiss, the two soon smiling into the kiss before she soon pulled him with her to their shared room, ready for a night of love.

----------------------------------------------------------

AN

They're finally engaged!!!
Please let me know what you think.