Chapter 15

Since Y/N had returned home after finalising the contracts with the twins and their lawyers. He had barely seen Lizzie because of her hectic schedule since they were behind. But even whenever the two were together, Y/N couldn't help but think of what happens when she has finished shooting the movie.

"Are you ok Y/N?" Joe questioned as he helped Y/N take in the delivery for the restaurant.

"Yeah." He sighed as Joe gave him a questioning look.

"I've known you for years and I can see that you're lying." He stated. "Besides being a veteran that you gave a second chance to. So talk to me."

"I'm just overthinking about my relationship." He confided in him. "Lizzie's only here for a few more months at the most and then she will most likely go back to LA since she lives there."

"So you're wondering what the whole relationship is to her." Joe stated as Y/N nodded.

"She asked me that same question and I told her I'm all in, but I can't shake this feeling that we're living on borrowed time." Y/N told him.

"Talk to her about it. See where she wants this relationship to go." He advised as Y/N nodded. Knowing he was right, he just needed to talk to her. Ask for reassurance himself.

As the day wore on, he walked home after closing. Taking a deep breath as he saw the lights on in Lizzie's living room. Letting himself in to see her sat on the sofa watching Black Books.

"Hey." She greeted him as she saw him walk in.

"Can we talk?" He asked her as she paused the TV.

"What's it about?" She asked him as a million reasons flashed through her mind. Her anxiety slowly getting the better of her as he stood before the mantel.

"What's going to happen after you finish shooting the movie?" He asked her.

"Well, we wait a couple of months for the production team to put the movie together before the premiere and the Press Tour." She told him as he sighed.

"I mean what happens to us because you'll be going back to LA because your life is there. Your family and most of your work is there." He stated as his own heart beat rapidly in his chest.

"What's brought this up?" She asked him as she stood up.

"Please just tell me because I need to know if my heart is going to be broken." He asked her shakily. "I love you Elizabeth and I see a future with you but I need to be reassured that it all isn't just some pipe dream."

"I don't know." She whispered as she thought. Y/N looked away from her as she thought. "I never really thought about it to be honest." Y/N watched as she stepped closer to him. "I guess I have just been living in the moment because being here has been like a fairytale and that is because of you Y/N. You have made me feel heard, seen and safe. Like I don't ever have to worry about disappointing you."

"You don't ever disappoint me Elizabeth." He whispered as he took her hands in his. "I guess I'm just feeling insecure because my life is here and yours is there. In LA without me."

"It doesn't have to be." Lizzie whispered as he shook his head. "Come with me?"

"I can't. I have the restaurant." He whispered.

"Open another. I'll help pay for a plot in LA." She suggested as he shook his head.

"That restaurant is what I built from the ground, straight out of Uni." He told her. "I never intended to ever franchise, besides I also have that construction too and I would never ask you to splurge on anything like that for me."

"What if I moved here?" Lizzie questioned as he shook his head.

"You have your family and friends. Your work is their too." He stated as he walked into the kitchen.

"I can always visit my friends and family and fly out for work whenever I need to." Lizzie stated as she followed him. "I really want a future with you Y/N. I believe that we were meant to meet and I don't want to lose what we have."

"What will you do in your spare time?" He asked her as she smiled.

"Besides you, I can help maintain the gardens on the other houses too, and the restaurant." She stated. "Maybe I can teach a few classes at the university. Donate some of my time maybe."

"But your life in LA?" He whispered as she placed her hands on his neck as she gazed into his eyes.

"The twins live in New York so they already live on the other side of the country to my parents. I'm barely ever in just one state anyways so we can still visit them for holidays and birthdays." She told him.

"We?" He questioned as she nodded with a smile.

"Yeah, you're my family to Y/N. My future." She whispered before she reassured him with a kiss. His hands rested on her waist gently. Feeling secure in their relationship. Embracing the future possibilities for the two of them.

----------------------------------------------------------

AN

They had the talk.
Soon Y/N will meet Lizzie's parents at Thanksgiving :)
Please let me know what you think