Chapter 18

Following previous conversations about their relationship and the public, Lizzie was afraid of it getting out that she is with someone new. Especially someone who isn't known within the public eye. So they had agreed that Y/N would walk beside her like one of her guards, so she still had the comfort of him being there.

"You were amazing." Y/N told her as he took her hands when she reached the end of the carpet and entered the building.

"Thank you." Lizzie hugged him tightly as she took a deep breath. "So, shall we head out?" She asked him as he just nodded, knowing she doesn't really like to stay and watch herself.

They grabbed a taxi and headed to Y/N's house, where Lizzie had been staying since she came back to London. Once she was in her pyjamas, she noticed Y/N was looking at his phone, still in his suit.

"I don't know what to do." He looked up at her. "I want answers but I am scared of the answers she will give me."

"You won't know unless you give her a chance to explain." Lizzie told him as she sat behind him on her knees. Her hands massaging his shoulders as he put the phone down, sighing as the pressure started to leave his shoulders. "But sleep on it first." She kissed his neck as he closed his eyes. "Maybe get out of this because I need my cuddles." She told him sternly as she moved away making him laugh.

"I love you so much Lizzie." He told her as he stood up removing his suit as Lizzie watched.

"I love you too now less talking and strip." She yelled as Y/N laughed, stripping down to his boxers before he got in bed beside Lizzie who wasted no time in cuddling into him.

The next day, Y/N had sent his mother a text. Telling her he wants an explanation for why she left and organised for her to meet at his restaurant.

"Do you have everything you need?" Y/N asked as he sat on the bed watching as Lizzie sighed.

"No." She whispered. "I don't have you."

"I know, but I have been away from the restaurant for too long and the new apartment building is almost complete to start furnishing." He rambled as she gazed at him lovingly. "What?"

"You are the most amazing person I have ever met." She whispered as he smiled shyly with a light blush on his cheeks. "And I love you."

"I love you more." He told her softly as he stood up and kissed her. "Now we need to get you to that airport." He told her as she just nodded, he picked up her luggage before leading her to the taxi they had ordered.

"So, you're meeting your mom?" She asked as she nuzzled into his side.

"Yeah." He nodded. "This afternoon at the restaurant." He told her nervously. "I keep having so many different answers in my head and neither is any better than the first."

"Just make sure to protect your heart." She told him as he smiled at her.

"Well, it is going with you." He told her as she chuckled before pecking his lips.

After a tearful goodbye, well see you later, Y/N made his way to restaurant. Already to find the woman sat down in a booth away from the other customers.

"Y/N." She spoke as she stood up, gaining his attention. "You look so much like him, it's eary."

"Well, I can assure you, I am nothing like him." He seethed as he looked at the older woman.

"I'm sorry." She muttered. "I didn't want to offend you, it wasn't my intention."

"Then what is your intention?" He asked her as he took a seat opposite her. "You disappeared when I was six, you left me with him."

"I know." She whispered shamefully.

"No you don't." He scoffed. "I have scars from my time with him. He was bad before you left but after, he was a monster. I would have nightmares every damn night. Some nights I didn't sleep because I was afraid he was going to come barging in my room drunk out of his mind."

"Y/N." She tried as Y/N gave her a hard stare.

"Why did you leave me?" He asked her.

"I was going to come back for you. I did come back for you and I got this scar instead." She told him. "He threatened to kill me if I took you away. Hell, he even tried to but I escaped. You were staying over at your grandparents that night and I saw you safe and sound, asleep in bed. Your grandparents promised to keep you safe and they did their best."

"Do you know he died of alcohol poisoning?" Y/N questioned as she nodded. "I had to attend his funeral because well, no one else really did because every one hated him. But my grandparents were the parents I needed to protect me. They actually tried to take me when I was 8. They saw the bruises and they tried but he threatened them too and they stayed. They never ran like the coward you are."

"I know you must hate me." She started as he shook his head.

"I don't hate you. I did, for a very long time." He told her. "But right now when I think of my mother, I feel nothing. I feel empty."

"Please let me try again." She pleaded as he shook his head. "Please, just maybe getting to know each other first. I am a different person than I was then and I can see that you have grown into a fine young man."

"I have your number." He said as he stood up. "I'll think about it." With that he left her alone as he disappeared into the alley behind the building, his chest rising and falling rapidly as his tears fell before he slid down the wall into a seating position with his head in his hands.

----------------------------------------------------------

AN

Y/N had reunited with his mother after she abandoned him. Please let me know what you think