Chapter 17

Y/N had left his mother on read as he accompanied Lizzie to LA. He admired her home as the two settled in as she dragged him around her garden. He smiled brightly as she spoke about her garden and how much she has missed it.

"The twins are also in LA visiting mom and dad." Lizzie informed him.

"Invite them over for dinner." He suggested as she gazed at him.

"Are you sure?" She asked him.

"Yeah, I'm going to be meeting them eventually, and besides, I can cook." He smirked as she nodded.

"Ok, I'll see if they're all free for tonight?" Lizzie said as she walked away, already calling them all up. Y/N had asked for their food preferences and allergies before he started on preparing as Lizzie stood by and watched him. "I can get used to this." She whispered as she stood behind him.

"Me too." He smiled at her. "I love being around you Lizzie. It's so easy to be just me." He told her honestly.

"I feel the same." She kissed his cheek before she grabbed the two of them a bottle of water each.

As the evening drew closer, Y/N's nerves had started to grow as Lizzie got herself dressed in a blouse and jeans as Y/N wore a shirt with dress pants.

"They will love you." Lizzie stated as she opened the door. Her mom entering followed by her father.

"The twins are running a little late." David informed her as he hugged Lizzie before his gaze went to Y/N.

"This is Y/N Y/L/N, my boyfriend." Lizzie introduced them.

"What happened to Robbie?" David asked her as Jarnette glared at him.

"You know what happened to him." She scolded him as David just apologised to his daughter before heading into the living room.

"I am going to check on dinner." Y/N kissed Lizzie's cheek and disappeared back into the kitchen. Lizzie had grabbed her parents a drink before the twins arrived. Ashley heading straight into the kitchen to check what's for dinner as MK stayed speaking with their parents and Lizzie.

"Y/N?" Ashley looked shocked as she saw him cooking.

"Ms Olsen." He soon nodded putting two and two together. "You and MK are Lizzie's sisters."

"What?" She questioned in shock.

"I knew she had sisters but I never realised that it was the two of you." He told her.

"Were you in a relationship with her when we tried to even set you two up?" She asked him.

"I was and still am." He admitted as she soon laughed with him at the whole bizarre situation. "I own the house she is staying in, well was staying in."

"Wow." She whispered. "Such a small word. I have to tell MK."

"Please don't tell Lizzie about the whole contract and the investment." He pleaded with her as she nodded before disappearing to drag MK alone.

"How long until dinner?" Lizzie asked Y/N as she grabbed the cutlery and glasses to set the table.

"About five minutes." He told her as she smiled before heading into the dining room. As everyone was seated and eating comfortably, listening to the story of how the two had met. "I still have it." Y/N admitted sheepishly. "It's a little worn and written on but." He shrugged as he got the £20 from his wallet. Lizzie smiling as her mom observed the interaction between the two.

"So what is your intention with my daughter?" David asked him.

"Well, I intend to marry her one day and build a home with a family." He admitted as David scoffed.

"Are you after her fame?" He asked him bluntly.

"No." Y/N told him honestly. "I don't want her fame or her money. I just want to be able to make her smile everyday we're together and I intend to love her more and more with each moment because she is truly incredible. And I don't need her money Mr Olsen."

"We can vouch for that." MK stated as everyone looked to her.

"What?" Lizzie questioned as she looked between the twins and Y/N. "What is going on?"

"Do you remember when we told you that the fashion line had took a major financial hit with COVID." Ashley started as Y/N looked down. "We looked in at trying to get more investors, and well Y/N here became one."

"How?" Lizzie asked him.

"My uh, my father left all of his assets to me when he passed away." He told her honestly. "I sold his business because I didn't want anything to do with it and opened my own restaurant using the money my grandparents left me. The money from my father and the business remained in the bank untouched and well, I figured I would put it to some use."

"We never even knew you two were together when we tried to set you two up." MK stated as Lizzie looked at the twins again.

"And to be fair I didn't know they were your sisters." Y/N stated.

"The name didn't give it away. The similarities in their features didn't." David scoffed as Y/N turned to him.

"No. I didn't really look for any of that." He told him. "The only thing that I thought in that moment was that I was helping two sisters carry on with their dream and help dozens of people not lose their jobs. So no, I never looked into any of that."

"Why didn't you keep the money for yourself?" He pushed as Y/N shook his head with a laugh.

"My father and I didn't have the best relationship, hence why I refer to him as father. The only parents I knew where my grandparents who raised me." Y/N told him. "So yes, I apologise for using my father's money to help your daughter's business. I wasn't using it. I didn't need it since I have my own and I wouldn't want to take anything from that man because if I did, it would feel like I owe him." Y/N turned to Lizzie and her family. "My apologies, if you would excuse me." He got up from the table and left through the back door.

"Seriously dad?" Ashley scoffed as he looked between his daughters and ex wife.

"I am looking out for my daughters." He told them.

"You had no right to throw those questions at him." Lizzie told him. "He makes me extremely happy and I feel safe and loved when I am with him." With that Lizzie followed Y/N as her mother and sisters continued to scold him. "Why didn't you tell me?" She asked him as he shook his head.

"I honestly didn't realise they were your sisters." He admitted. "I never took in the similarities or the name. I just wanted to help them and their employees. I just." He shook his head. "I wanted his money to go to some good use. Whether it's helping people put food on their families tables or restructuring an old office building to make cheap flats to help the homeless get off the streets and help them find work."

"Y/N." Lizzie took his hands in her own.

"I'm sorry I never told you." He whispered shamefully.

"It's ok." Lizzie told him. "I was just shocked." She cupped his face. "I promise you I am not mad at you." She told him before kissing him softly. "I love you and this big heart of yours."

"I love you more." He whispered before hugging her tightly. "Please never let me go."

"Never." She replied as she relished in the warmth of his embrace.

----------------------------------------------------------

AN

Y/N has met the parents. Please let me know what you think.